Ch.11 The Beginning of......

Pooja's P.O.V

I stare at the mirror as I wipe my face on a towel. Morning sickness sucks. I lift my top and rub my hand on my bare stomach gently. Pregnant. I still couldn't believe I was carrying another human being inside me. I could still hear the doctor's words, Congratulations, Mrs.Kashyap. You are going to be a mom.

Ma had been the one to take me to the hospital making Megha go back home. She was the only other person who knew about my pregnancy. I told Ma not to tell anyone anything. Not even to Megha. It's not that I don't want anyone to know, but I want myself to accept the fact before others come to know.

With the morning sickness I was afraid, when Arjun was going to find out about this before I tell. But chances for that were very slim.

Arjun had started drinking alcohol and now most of the nights when he's home, he would be drunk right after dinner. And only woke up close to noon, with a hangover and soon left home. Dad has been helping him take care of his business and Arjun being like this is really pissing him off.

Megha's due date was nearing. Just one more week to go. Remya has been like a hawk behind us and Ajay was still blind to it.

There was some function of some far off relative and most of them from home had gone to attend it, leaving me and Megha and some others here. Megha was lying on my lap and resting when I felt like I needed to tell her about my pregnancy. She would be happier than me and atleast I could ask her what to expect.

"Megha......", I softly call out not wanting to wake her up.

"Yes cupcake.", she opens her eyes and looks at me, wide awake.

"You remember, that day I fainted at the mall? Ma taking me to hospital?"

"Yaa..... what about that?"

"Dear, I'm.... actually I --"

Before I could complete the door bursts open with Rahul at the door with a box of chocolates in his hand., "Megha Di.... Ajay Bhaiya is calling you downstairs." With that he shuts the door and runs away.

"This guy has the best timing. Cupcake just a second, I'll be back.", with that she leaves the room.

I don't know how Megha is going to react to the news. Normally she would smack me for not telling earlier but now with her pregnant you can never expect anything.

I wait for her a few minutes before I hear a someone screaming. Megha.

I rush out of the room towards the stairs, just when someone had run round the opposite corner out of my sight. Before running behind that green duppatta (shawl) I look down the stairs when I heard Megha's cry.

At the bottom of stairs Megha was lying in a pool of blood......

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I wait outside the ICU when I hear a bunch of footsteps rushing towards here. I raise my head and see my parents with Ajay and Ma. Ma comes hugs me and I break down in her arms. She sents me home even after my protests to stay back.

Going back, I see that the blood had been cleaned from the floor. I rush to my room, suddenly feeling the urge to throw up. I wash my face a couple of times and lay on the bed restless.

That duppatta. Who was it? Ajay wasn't home, so probably someone might have sent Rahul. And that explained the chocolate box in his hands. The kid was bribed to lie. But who the hell was it?

If there was someone who wanted Megha out, it was Remya. Bloody bitch.

I storm out towards her room. And just when I was about to open the door, I heard her laughing and talking to someone.