Ch.8 Opening up

Pooja's P.O.V

After cooking dinner together (obviously it's me cooking and him watching, which he claims as -- he's just looking and learning) and having it, Arjun calls in for a movie night. Flipping through channels he finally settles on Kal Ho Na Ho.

From sitting on two ends of the sofa we end up cuddling, me curled in his arm and pressed to his side. Towards the end of the movie, my water works start. Arjun kisses my hair and rocks me silently telling me it was okay.

But before I can control my mind wanders....... Starting from the movie my thoughts go to how my parents avoid me, how much they hate, how much I like Arjun but how he never realise it.......

My vision starts going black and Arjun's voice fades. I can feel my body trembling and bit my lips to control my sob. I feel the metallic taste of blood but my mind brings all my worst memories and I feel as if I was living in it....

Mother pulling my hairs with one hand and beating me with a cane using her other hand when I accidentally pushed her bestfriend's daughter into the pool on my brother's birthday. I was only five then...

Father dragging me by my arms to the attic and locking me there in the dark with rats and cockroaches around me, when I threw a tantrum for not letting me go for school picnic but they send Megha and my brother. I was only nine.....

How Andrea tried to bully me at school when Megha wasn't around.....

How disgusting it felt, to be touched by drunk men while I worked at bar....

How Arjun always claimed to love Renuka......

It hurt......

Everything hurt.......

Until I felt someone hugging me close and kissing my lips......

My body, my mind, everything froze. When I felt the hold loose and cool air hitting the lower part of my face, I open my to see Arjun breathing heavily with his mouth slightly open. His eyes were glazed but they were looking deep into my soul. I was too breathing heavily and my throat felt raw, my eyes burning, face wet with tears.

"You were screaming..."

"Hmm..."

"What to talk about it?"

"No.", my voice a bit forced and I bite my lips drawing more blood.

"Don't.", he voice husky and pulls my lips from between my teeth using his thumb.

My eyes flutter close at his touch and I stay in his arms... for the very first time I felt safe, at peace.

"Pooja.."

"Hmm..", my eyes still closed.

"Can I kiss you again?"

Before I open my eyes his lips are on mine and I melt into it.....

After what seems like forever Arjun suggests we head towards our room since we decided to go sightseeing with the Murthys and have a small picnic tomorrow morning.

I lay on my bed tossing and turning for how long I don't know. This was the first time something like that had happened. Usually when something of the past comes up in my mind I push it to the very back. And now, I have had a breakdown twice. All my walls I had build up had crumbled down without me knowing. Just because of one person.

Arjun.

He was and is the only one who makes my heart beat faster......

But......