Ch. 20 Broken Nose

Arjun's P.O.V

It would be wrong to say that I didn't enjoy having Pooja close to me, even if it was only for half an hour. After three years of without even knowing where she had been. I close the door behind me with a smile on my lips, which turned into a scowl seeing the person before me.

"What did you do to her?", Ryan's eyes throwing daggers at me.

"That's none of your business!"

"It is! If you are going to be around her all the time, then it is my business.", his voice matching my cold one.

I scoff and take a step towards him, towering over him by a few inches. "What are you? Her boyfriend?"

"Took so long to get that inside your thick head", he smirks and pokes my forehead with his forefinger.

Last ounce of patience in me snapped and I pull back my fist which half a second later meets his face. Evident sound of a crack bounces of the walls of the room while his friends manages to steady him.

I get out of the room without looking back.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Pooja's P.O.V

I wake up to Esha pulling my cheeks and though my head is about to burst I smile at her antics to get my attention. I lightly pull her cheeks to which she laughs. Her smiles and laughs were the only things that keep me going. Taking her in my arms, I head towards the bathroom to freshen up.

My headaches start getting worse with every passing minute. Dressing up Esha and myself, I open my handbag to search for painkillers. Swallowing two tablets with water, I and Esha head out of the room and see my friends already having breakfast.

Greeting everyone I start preparing Esha's breakfast while eating mine. Everyone were unusually quiet, while having breakfast. I turn back to look at them and that's when I notice -

"What the hell happened with your nose?", Did I just swear? Hopefully Esha doesn't catch it.

"Ah! Finally the queen has graced with her attention.", he mocks me.

"Stop being a granny and just tell me what the f-", I stop myself before I let out another curse. "What happened? "

"Your man happened!", he grumbles which brings a smile to my lips but I quickly cover that up.

"What did you do?"

"Really Pooja? What makes you think I did something?"

"He wouldn't have done anything without you provoking him!"

"Why are you defending him all of a sudden? And what happened to our 'bestfriend code'?", he raises an eyebrow and smirks at me.

I ignore his question. Because I didn't know the answer myself. "Just tell me!", my voice tired.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

".......And then he just broke my nose! Like seriously? I understand he was jealous but did he really have to behave like a caveman?", Ryan lets out a frustrated sigh. I and Ryan were taking a small coffee break in between our work, in the Kashyaps backyard. My other friends were busy with their own work and Esha was with Megha.

I had to wait till our coffee break, before Ryan told me anything. But all that time I could feel Arjun's eyes on me while I and Ryan worked together inside. Arjun hadn't spoken to me anything after yesterday but just a morning greeting.

Truth be told I feel bad that Arjun had to break Ryan's nose, though he brought it on himself, but even more than that, my mind was overjoyed at the fact that Arjun reacted at all. You could say I never expected him to care for me after that day, but after yesterday's events I guess he cared about me.

But now it wasn't just me. Along with me came Esha. What if he doesn't....

NO! Stop thinking right there Pooja. Don't make it hard for yourself.  My mind scolds at me, but I can't help it.

My headache starts getting worse making me rest my head in my hands. I felt Ryan's hand on my shoulder and I raise my head.

"Don't worry too much Pooja. Just go sort it out with him. I know it's easy said than done but that guy is head over heels for you. And I'm sure no matter what he's going to be there by your side.", Ryan tries to comfort me.

"But Esha? What if he doesn't want her once he knows the truth?", my voice wavers not knowing what to do.

"Are you kidding me? You should have seen him yesterday. He adores that girl. So he not wanting her is out of question. But if he accepts the truth or not is something you have to wait and see."

"You aren't making it better for me!", though I felt a little better.

Ryan rolls his eyes at me, "Just man up and go speak to him." He gets up and walks away.

"I'm a woman!", I turn my back and scream at his retreating but then I saw Arjun walking towards me.

Hold on your nerves Pooja. And just get over with it!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

******************************************

Hey readers, don't know why but I kind of felt like leaving a long author's note....  you have a heads up here, so that you are free to scroll down if not interested in my rambling.

First of all I feel depressed. Hence the short chapters and late updates. Lockdowns can really lock your brain from working. And only seeing your loved ones through mobile phones is getting on my nerves. Add on to that list being away from your homeland in a foreign country (though I was born and brought up here, but still I miss my homeland).

Second, my exams have been postponed and I have a month more to enjoy. Talking about exams, I failed my previous ones. Yay! because I already knew that was bound to happen. And now when I was all set to pass them, they had to freaking postpone it. Hope you understand my frustration.

Last but not the least, I really want to appreciate your comments and votes. Because that's the only thing that makes up my day and keeps me moving. And also finding time to listen me (or is it read me? but that sounds weird). And also I only noticed today that MTMHC just crossed 2.5K...... All thanks to you....
.
.
.
.
And now on a serious note, the story would be moving faster now, though I'm not yet ready to leave my characters, and I really would like to know how much you are enjoying the book. Just drop a comment while you vote.

Also what would you feel if I start rambling every time I update? Probably tie my hands and stick a tape to my mouth!

Thank you all.....

And enjoy reading......