Lesson 2.5

"Jimin?" I called out timidly. I couldn't turn my head towards the voice, but I was almost certain.

"I'm here Y/N." Hearing his voice made the little burning tears in my eyes to run down my cheeks. "Let her go." His voice was cold.

I was spun around to face Jimin. Though his face was a mask of confidence I could see his true feelings in his eyes. He was scared.

"I'm going to tell you one more time, let. Her. Go."

"Aww come on little boy, we were just having a little fun," on of the men said, slurring his words. "You wanna try some too?"

He roughly grabbed Jimin's arm and shoved the bottle in his face. Jimin struggled against him, but the other man's grip was strong. This elicited an uproar from the others. The laughter only grew when the half empty bottle the woman had forced down my throat was dumped over my head. The putrid substance ran down my face and back, soaking my clothes. Jimin's captor followed, dumping his bottle on Jimin's head.

Just then, a police car pulled around the corner, lights flashing. The men released Jimin and I. "You called the cops on us? When?" The woman spat. Jimin picked himself up off the ground, a smug grin on his face.

The group bolted, the cop in hot pursuit. Jimin watched with a satisfied smile until they disappeared around the corner.

"Jimin?" I whispered. Jimin's attention snapped to me.

"Oh, would you look at you, poor thing. Let's get back to the house, we can get you cleaned up," he said, taking my hand. He raised his eyebrows. "You're shaking like a leaf. Are you ok?"

I tried to nod, but the tears gave me away. Fat tears streamed down my face. I felt his arms wrap around me. I didn't even register shock at his actions, I soaked up his comfort like his shirt soaked up my tears. Taking my hand in his he lead me back to his house.

Opening the front door he told me to wait in the kitchen. When he returned he had a T-shirt in his hands. "The bathroom is around the corner, if you want to borrow one of my old T-shirt's."

I accepted it gratefully and went to put it on. Looking in the mirror I realized it was huge. Was this really little Jimin's? Coming back into the kitchen, I self consciously gripped the edge of the shirt in my fists. Jimin looked up, a smile crossing his face.

"Looks better on you than it did on me," he laughed.

"Oh..." was all I could say. I was too preoccupied with my other thoughts. "Jimin, what happened... you know... back there?" I asked.

"What do you mean? I was just looking for you. You left your stuff you know," he said. "I noticed you were being harassed, so I called the cops." He laughed. "I was considering just fighting them like in the dramas, but, I'm quite... uh... vertically challenged. Lesson 2.5: don't fight a fight you know you'll lose. I figured I wouldn't stand a chance. I don't know, when I saw you being attacked, something in me couldn't just stand by. I wanted to stall them until the police arrived."

He watched me with concerned eyes. "Do you need me to drive you home? It's not an issue, really."

I shrugged.

"I'll take that as a yes then." He scooped up my stuff and carried it out to his nice red car. "Let me just throw some of the stuff in your seat to the back..."

I saw him throw a variety of items into the backseat: a Naruto manga, BIGBANG CD case, a belt, a Barbie doll ("my little cousins, I've been meaning to return it"), among other things. Finally he let me sit down. I awkwardly sat with my hands in my lap as he started up the car.

"You can look through my CD stash if you want. I like all of them so just pick any," he said, backing out of the driveway.

Sorting through his "stash" I spotted a green CD that caught my eye. Seeing what I picked out Jimin remarked, "Epik High? I love them too. I'm actually borrowing that one from Yoongi-hyung."

Opening the lime green case I inserted the disc and flipped to my favorite song on the album.

Everybody hates me
but you love me
And I love you
Woah oh oh (woah oh oh)...

Almost forgetting I was in the presence of someone else, I let out my singing and even a little dancing. Jimin laughed as I danced like no one was watching. But he was.