Lesson Five

When my mom got home, she found me crashed on the couch, still in my school uniform.

"Honey? Are you ok?" She asked, gently shaking my shoulder. After I didn't respond, she tried again. "Baby? Are you ok?"

I groaned. "Mama, I don't feel so good..."

I felt her cool hand against my burning forehead. "Aigoo! You have a fever! I was worried when the school called to say you weren't at any of your afternoon classes, but now I know why. Do you need to go to the doctor?"

I groaned weakly in response.

"Let me put up the groceries, then I'll get you some soup," she cooed. My mom always babied me when I was sick, which was just how I liked it. I got her undivided attention, as selfish as that sounds.

I picked up my phone. 1 missed call from Jimin. Nothing from Hyun Gi... Of course he was probably upset over me running away. I would explain it to him in person once I got better. My finger hesitated over the notification. I really didn't feel like dealing with the stress right then, so I set my phone aside and snuggled up in my blankets. I welcomed sleep as it carried me away from the days events.

————————————————————

The next day I was up and feeling better by the afternoon. School rules dictated that I had to stay home the day after I had a fever, but I figured I owed an apology to Hyun Gi.

I had been to his house once before, to meet up before a day out, so I knew where to go. In the backseat was the record that I had promised to listen to with him.

I noticed were two cars in the driveway when I arrived. I recognized Hyun Gi's but not the other. Weird. I thought his parents were away. I knocked on the door. No reply. I checked under the flower pot next to the door and found the spare key. How cliche, I thought silently to myself. Unlocking the door I found the house empty, or so I thought. I laid the record and my purse on the couch, pulling out my phone to text Hyun Gi. Then I heard something upstairs.

Making my way up I realized they were human noises, two of them. I gulped. Opening the door to Hyun Gi's room I stopped cold. His eyes grew wide when he saw me... and I saw him.

Him lip locked with Jae Hwa.

Him with her draped across him.

I backed away, trying to keep my tears in. Hyun Gi quickly pushed Jae Hwa off of him. She looked insulted to have been brushed off so simply.

"Babe, I can explain, really there's nothing serious-"

I turned and bolted down the stairs. I heard his footsteps after me, calling my name.

"Wait!"

He grabbed my wrist. I attempted to yank myself away but he held fast.

"There's nothing serious happening, I promise it was a one time thing!" He lied.

"Let me go! Now I see... now I see you were the one who was using me!" I shouted, my breath becoming short and sporadic. Finally pulling free with every once of my strength, I darted out the door. When I got to my car I realized my keys were in my purse, still inside. Tears burning my eyes I took off towards the one place I could go.

Shaking, I knocked on the door. I heard faint footsteps inside.

"I got it mom!"

The door opened. Jimin stared at me, clearly surprised.

"Y/N?"

Lesson Five: Know who your friends are.