Dramas

(This chapter contains spoilers for Hwarang so read at your own risk!!!)

"Don't...hate...my...brother..." whispered Hansung as he died in Sunwoo's arms. Even though I had already watched the show before, the scene still made me cry. Glancing at Jimin I saw the tear tracks on his cheeks too. Aw, Jimin-ah is a softie.

"*sniff* what're you looking at, huh? This V guy *sniff* is a really good actor..." he said when he caught me looking.

"I agree. Though don't you think he looks like Taehyung, the guy in the bass section?"

"Yeah now that you mention it he does..."

I laughed as I glanced at my watch. My laughter was cut short. "OH MY GOSH!"

Jimin jumped. "What? What's wrong?"

I leapt up. "My Mom is going to KILL me! It's 10:30!"

"Alright, I'll get the keys, you get your shoes on," Jimin said, also getting up from the couch. I slipped on my shoes half way as we rushed out the door.

"Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap" I muttered under my breath.

"Is your mom going to hate me?" Jimin asked in the car. He was half joking but one look from me and he stopped laughing. "Aigoo, I'm scared now too."

——————————————————————————

I hesitatingly opened the door and stepped inside. Jimin had insisted on coming with me for moral support and to help explain my tardiness.

"Oh." I turned to see my mother seated on the couch, obviously awaiting my belated arrival. "So you decided to show up?"

I blanched. "I didn't realize... I was-"

"Too busy? Having too much fun? I said to be home by what time?" My mothers stern voice had my heart pounding rapidly in my chest.

"10..."

"And what time is it now?"

"10:55."

"Was my curfew too unreasonable? I didn't think so. What were you doing that got you so distracted?" She questions suspiciously. I looked at the floor.

"I was watching dramas... at..." my voice barely came out as a squeak. "...Jimins house..."

"YOU WERE AT A BOYS HOUSE THIS LATE AT NIGHT WATCHING DRAMAS? I thought you were better than this! Tell your friend goodbye and we'll finish talking," she yelled. Cringing in embarrassment and fear I led Jimin towards the door.

"Really ahjumma, this is my fault. We had to leave early due to her anxiety-" he explained in a rushed manner.

"Thank you Jimin, but I think you need to leave now," my mother said with a tense smile. Jimin lowered his head in shame as I led him out the door. "I'm really sorry. This is all my fault..."

"No. Don't take responsibility for my mistakes. This is on me," I said. I hid my shaking hands in my pockets. Suddenly, he pulled me into a hug. His arms were warm and comforting, and I allowed myself to take solace in them for a moment before pulling away. "Goodbye Jimin. I'll see you at school on Monday."

He released my hand as he turned to go to his car. "See you..."

Inside, my mother was ready with her punishment. "I don't want you hanging out with Jimin, not now. Maybe when you learn to grow up a bit more-"

"What's that supposed to mean?!" I exploded.

"How do I know what you were doing with that boy?!"

I blushed. "Mom, I'm not doing anything with him other than watching dramas!"

"A month. Give it a month, then I will let you start hanging out with him again."

"But mom-"

"That's FINAL."

I slowly turned and walked out the door, and as I got closer to my room I broke into a run until I was safely within my room. I began sobbing as I texted Jimin.

Me:
Im sorry

Me:
I'm grounded.

Me:
I can't see you

Jimin:
It's ok it's ok, are you crying?

Me:
No

I knew it was a lie, but I didn't want him to think it was his fault, or to feel any worse than he did.

Dramas. That's what I needed. I opened up Viki and picked out "What's Wrong with Secretary Kim". This would be just the thing to calm me down.

I settled into my bed, with blankets over my head, ready for a full night of dramas.