Pathetic

Disclaimer: some language, oof I didn't wanna use it but like, it's necessary

My heart raced as I went up to the door. Jimin squeezed my hand to remind me that he was there. After taking a shaky breath, I knocked. After a moment, the door opened and Hyun Gi appeared. His dark eyes traveled from me to Jimin. Jimin's face was stony and cold, almost sending chills down my spine.

"What do you want?" He said, glaring at Jimin. He then noticed my hand in Jimin's. "What a whore. You're with him already?"

I gulped, trying to keep my composure.

"Brave words from someone who just cheated on his girlfriend," Jimin snapped. Hyun Gi scoffed at him.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." He started to closed the door but Jimin stuck his foot in it.

"Y/N left some things here that we've come to retrieve," he said, pushing past Hyun Gi. I followed, not loosening my grip on his hand. I picked up my things from the couch quickly, eager to get out of that house. Hyun Gi seethed as Jimin brushed by on his way back out the door. However, before I made it out he reached out a grabbed a fistful of my hair. I let out a yelp, causing Jimin to turn back in alarm.

"Like I said. This won't end well for either of you," Hyun Gi growled, he was directing it more at Jimin than me. "You and your bitch will regret crossing me." He shoved me into Jimin, who caught me in his arms. "Perfect fit. A pathetic bitch for a pathetic boy."

I was shaking again. Baby, baby, baby... get it together.

"Insult her one more time, and I'll be making you the regretful one," Jimin threatened. He then turned us both around and out the door. "Give me your keys," he demanded.

"What?" I whispered, still shaken up from the confrontation.

"You can't drive like that, give me the keys. I'll drive you back to my house."

Unable to think clear enough to argue, I handed him the keys.

————————————————————

I calmed down at Jimin's before driving home. My mom wasn't off work yet, so I got back in peace. What would I tell her happened? I felt awkward about it all... and his parents were her bosses... ugh everything was just so complicated. I laid splayed out on my bed replaying the days event in my head. Too much had happened, but my mind kept playing the same scene over and over.

Was is the first time? Or had he been with her longer? What about when we were at the lockers? Was this something that was happening before we even were together...?

Then the next scene played. I was crying into Jimin's sweatshirt. He smelled nice, so soft and fresh. I had missed that. Though he was shorter than average, he was strong. The strength however was contradicted by his gentleness. He had listened to my problems, and even helped me get my stuff back. Suddenly, I remembered he had sent me a voicemail. I unlocked my phone and clicked on the missed message:

"Y/N? I just wanted to call and check on you.... You didn't show up for choir. I know I can't show up at your house right now, your mom would kill me haha... but I want you to know that you don't need to worry about what happened in the hallway. Everything will turn out fine, ok? Call me back when you get the chance... bye."

I felt the tears rising in my eyes, but for once they came because of happiness. He didn't ever leave me, even when I pushed him away. He didn't leave me. You don't deserve him. Yeah, maybe I didn't, but I sure as heck wasn't going to let go of him again.