Teacher's Assessment #4

Jimin's POV

"Y/N?"

Her arrival out of the blue was surprising. Suddenly she broke down crying. I reached out to hug her, and instead of just accepting the hug like usual, she rushed into my arms. Her tears soaked my shirt almost immediately.

"Shhhh, it's ok, it's ok," I whispered. Her whole body was trembling, and her breathing was uneven, like the night of the party. She tried speaking, but nothing she said was intelligible. "Let's get you inside, then we'll talk ok?"

My mom peeked her head around the corner with a confused look on her face. I gestured for her to mind her own business to which she mouthed "okaaay."

Once I closed my bedroom door, she unleashed another wave of tears. We sat together on my bed, my arm around her, her head on my chest. A silver glint caught my eye.

"You still wear it?" I asked running my finger down the chain of the star necklace. She sniffled.

"Yeah... I *sniff* always have it on..."

My heart soared. So I'd never truly lost her completely.

"Do you want to try talking now?" I asked gently. I felt her nod.

Taking a shaky breath she said, "Hyun Gi... he... he was with Jae H-Hwa..."

My blood boiled. "That baaaas- bad guy?"

"Mhm. He said it was nothing, but-but-but-"

I could tell she was crying again, even with her face hidden against my sweatshirt. I tightened my hug on her.

"He held me by my wrist and I couldn't get away, I was so scared-" She sat up suddenly, her head barely missing my chin. Her panicked eyes found mine. "My stuff, I left it at his house. My car is there too. I had forgotten my keys inside so I just ran..."

I wiped away a stray tear. "It's ok. We'll go back for those together."

"I'm sorry, I'm really really sorry about this," Y/N apologized. "For everything."

"It's not your fault. It's no one's fault but Hyun Gi's," I replied. I held her hand in mine. "And it's his loss for cheating. Because you are one of the best people out there."

————————————————————

A/N: short chapter but important!