Late Night

I was shaking all the way to Jimin's house.

"I can't believe I just snuck out," I muttered as we walked in the front door.

"I know, I can't believe it either," Jimin joked.

"Where's Jihyun?" I asked. The house was completely silent.

"He's at a sleepover with Jeon Junghyun."

I couldn't keep the red from rising in my cheeks. I quickly turned away so Jimin wouldn't see, but I was too slow.

"Are you feeling alright? Your face is really red," Jimin asked, placing a hand on my forehead. "Oh my gosh it just got worse!"

I took a few deep breaths to try and calm myself. "I'm f-fine."

Jimin eyed me warily. "If you say so..."

————————————————————

We practiced until our voices were worn out, and we were forced to take a break. I checked my phone. 1:46... AM.

"Don't worry." I jumped at the sound of Jimin's voice right beside my face. "If your mom finds out I'll just say I kidnapped you."

"You don't have to do that..."

"I was just kidding. Though, if I did kidnap you, could you blame me?"

I placed my hands on my face, my face reddening again.

"Anyways, I think our piece is coming along just fine. What do you think?" he asked. I was half disappointed that we changed the subject and half relieved, as it made the blush go away.

"Uh, well, I think that the beginning solo sounds nice... but I don't think my high note is too-"

"Hold up," Jimin interrupted. "Your high note is flawless. You're just over thinking it. Trust me, from an outside standpoint it's perfect." He sighed and leaned against the kitchen island. "If anything it's my voice in general. It's too... pop-y."

"What do you mean? I think it sounds fine the way it is."

"Thanks but... I always sound like I'm trying to sing like I'm SHINee," he continued. Hesitantly, I reached out my hand and placed it on his arm.

"If you sing like you sang tonight for the actual test on that song, there's no way we're not getting a 100," I said. Jimin took my hand and pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks. That means the world coming from you, Y/N."

————————————————————

I was just done sneaking in the window when I heard my mom's bedroom door open. My heart skipped a beat as I lightly ran back to my bed and threw the covers on. There was a knock.

"Y/N, it's time to get up," she called through the door.

"Ok mom..."

Whew. She hadn't caught me. I struggled out of bed again, upset that I hadn't gotten home fast enough to get any sleep...

————————————————————

"Y/N! Did you check our grade on our performance?" Jimin asked me a few days later.

"Oh uh no. Not yet," I replied.

"Well... it's a 97! Out of 100!" he told me excitedly.

"What? Really? That's great!" I said. "I guess sneaking out paid off-"

"You did what?"

My heart skipped a beat before realizing it was just Taehyung with Jungkook in tow. Jungkook awkwardly acknowledged Jimin and I. He had been rather distant since the incident, which bothered me, but really hurt Jimin.

"You snuck out?" Taehyung continued. "Wow Mr. Popular, you're really corrupting this young soul now aren't you?"

Jimin laughed. "Maybe a little bit."