Betrayal and Heartbreak

A/N: NOTICE!!! I made some changes to "Trouble" that will impact the story! It's only in the first section of the chapter, so take the time to read the changes!

The whispers had never stopped, but I'd gotten accustomed to them following me everywhere. However they had slowed down until about two weeks after the STD rumor. Eyes snuck glances at me as I passed in the hall, and I knew a new rumor was being passed around. I internally sighed. What was it now?

I opened my locker, and a sticky note fell out. You're ugly and stupid. Quit being a fake b**** and go back to your place. It was like a slap to the face. Someone had actually acted out against me. The stares were one thing, this was another. After lunch I found another: Well. I guess we know why you're a freak now lol

What was this??

I glanced around the hallway and found Jungkook. "Is there a new rumor out?" I asked, slightly panicked.

"I mean... yeah..." he said slowly, not making eye contact. "It's about your dad, and why he left..."

I didn't wait for him to finish. I ran up to the roof, hoping to find some privacy. However it seemed to already be occupied.

Yoo Ri was not the girl I had thought she was. And Jimin was not the boy I thought he was. The door slammed shut behind me and I raced back down the stairs, trying to erase the scene I'd just witnessed. Why? Why did I have to see them kissing?

Then the something clicked in my brain. Only Jimin knows about my dad...

The tears that came after blurred my sight, and burned as they fell. Locking myself in the girls bathroom, I crumpled into myself, trying to clear my mind.

How could he? After I'd trusted him so freely? Even if he hadn't spread the rumor himself, how had everyone else found out if Jimin hadn't told somebody?

I could feel my chest tightening, restricting my breathing. My breathing was ragged and shallow. Sensing the impending anxiety attack, I tried calming myself, but with each deep breath I saw Yoo Ri and Jimin, her arms around him, his lips on hers...

Thank goodness I was in the bathroom already, I thought as I threw up in the trash can next to me.

I got sent home early that day.

————————————————————

"Sweetie?" My mom called as she opened my bedroom door. "Are you doing any better?"

I laid wrapped in layers of blankets, and my hair tied messily back, and NOT in a cute way.

"I guess," I lied. In fact it seemed that horrible nightmare was tattooed on the back of my eyelids, and every time I blinked it was burned into my mind again.

"Do you think we need to go to the doctor?" My mom continued.

I shook my head. "I'll be fine soon."

I was not going to be fine anytime soon.

————————————————————
2:30

You have 1 missed call

You have 8 unread messages

3:15

Jimin:
Y/N, I know you think you saw me with Yoo Ri, but I wasn't

Y/N, please believe me

3:30

You have 2 missed calls

Jimin:
Please pick up. I want to explain it to you

4:00

Jimin:
Fine, I'll just text you

Yoo Ri is my ex girlfriend, she came onto me, not the other way around, I swear

Y/N?

5:00

Jimin:
Are you asleep? I heard you went home sick.

Please call me

9:00

Jimin:
Goodnight, I love you Y/N

9:20

Hyun Gi:
Now do you see why Jimin's and I don't get along? You're an idiot for trusting him.

Me:
I was an idiot for trusting you too.

Hyun Gi:
If you leave him, then nothing else will happen to you. I can't guarantee that if you don't

Me:
Just leave me alone

Hyun Gi:
You've made your decision then I suppose