"Not Everything's A Lesson"

"I'm sorry..." I whispered timidly into the phone. "I really don't think I can make it... I'm uh- at my grandma's. Sorry Jimin."

"Bull, your light is on in your window," he replied. Oh crap. Busted. "It's not that bad, you can stick with me the whole time. I promise. And if you feel uncomfortable after the first thirty minutes I can take you home."

I thought back to my promise. I would be the best dang student... best dang student....

"Alright, I'll be down in ten." I started to hang up the phone but paused. "Can you, like, help me with my outfit?"

I felt awkward asking but I knew nothing about party fashion. I heard him laugh on the other line.

"Sure thing."

In the end we settled on black tank top, tan plaid skirt and an oversized black jacket. I awkwardly stood before Jimin, waiting for the final say.

"Perfecto! You look like a natural party girl," he joked.
Trying to cover my blush, I turned to my bed where I had laid my purse down.

"Okaaay let's go," I said, walking towards the door.

Grabbing my jacket Jimin pulled me back. "Hold up, don't forget a little makeup to pull it all together."

Oh... I had never done that stuff before. Seeing my wary look Jimin remarked, "It doesn't hurt. Look."

He jokingly dabbed some foundation on his nose, then did the same to me causing me to giggle. I allowed him to apply it to my whole face. He expertly used mascara, eyeliner, and eyebrow filler, transforming my face.

"And don't forget the finishing touch," he said. Jimin reached into the makeup bag and pulled out a light lipgloss. I was hyper aware of his close proximity as he applied the lipgloss gently. "There. Per-"

"-Fect," I finished. He smiled, glancing up from my lips to my eyes.

"You know me so well."

———————————————————————————

"Just take my hand, and take a deep breath. I won't leave you," Jimin reassured me as we got out of the car. He held out his hand. No, I thought. Best gosh dang student. No hand holding.

"I've got this," I lied.
———————————————————————————

The loud music and overwhelming smell of alcohol repulsed me. I turned to walk back out the door but Jimin grabbed my hand.

"Thirty minutes ok?" He whispered in my ear.

"Is this another test grade?" I asked, panicked. Jimin sighed.

"Not everything is a lesson. Just try and... live a little."

His sudden abrasiveness caught me off guard. "Uh... uh yeah... ok..."

This night was going to be long.

Best gosh dang student...

———————————————————————————

A/N: It's come to my attention that Y/N can come off as dumb. She has really bad social anxiety ppl, but she ain't thaaaat stupid... academically. I will admit she's as dumb as a box of rocks outside of school.

Just curious: does anyone have any suggestions for what Jimin should teach the MC? I only know so much...