Chapter 1: Raised On A Farm

I've always thought about what girls like Cleo do on their free time.

We go to church, pray and worship all the while having brunches and spending time playing tennis with the other girls from our church.

My sister Donna, who's only a year older, has her engagement set for a guy named Marcus, sweet guy with a really gross chewing habit. (I honestly don't know how she can enjoy kissing him, he's going to get mouth cancer one day from all that tobacco he's packing in his lip.)

There Cleo went though, cutting into my memory of Marcus and his habits. Her small fitted shorts and super tight top, the three dogs she was dog walking along with the brunette boy Nathan, who always hung around.

I knew them more than I knew my own self though, because years ago, many years ago, I considered them to be my best friends.

"Bella! Serve!" Jude called while giving me a stare that told me to focus on the game. That's just because our fiancés are watching though, otherwise she'd be on her phone asking for breaks every five minutes.

I looked to the fence and smiled softly at Justin as he gave me a small smile and wave back.

When I turned twenty, I thought I'd have my life figured out, that I'd be living in a home built by my own two hands (and my husbands) and we'd have three dogs named Scooby, Courage and Astro.

Fast forward three years and I'm still here, still in this town, still living with my overbearing parents and set to marry a man who wants to stay and live here. Forever.

I served the ball hard and watched it fly into the cage before bouncing off and smacking Jude right in the face.

Shit!

I held back a laugh and watched as her fiancé came running in to check on her. My bad, honestly I did feel awful for it. She just got her nose done months back, I bet I just broke it in for her.

"Seriously Bella? Come on, that was a hard serve." Justin stated as he stared at me with a bit of disappointment and embarrassment.

Sorry, I said sorry, oh no I didn't, not yet that is, but I'll get to it!

I tried to ignore the feeling in my gut and walked over to Jude, "Hey hun, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to serve so hard. I just got all this pent up energy." I admitted quietly and she gave me a small smile with watered eyes and a massive red circle mark on the bridge of her nose.

Ouch, "It's okay, I think I'm done for today though." She said as her fiancé collected her things and said bye to Justin.

They both exited the tennis court and I sighed before going out as Justin walked ahead leaving me and my bag.

Such a gentleman.

I grabbed my bag and caught up with him, walking beside him but not too close because he'd tell me to back off him if I did.

He's got problems with public show of affection, so much he doesn't even hold my hand in public.

We got into his car and I tossed my bag in the back while he gave me an annoyed look for whatever mistake I made.

I'm always fucking up in his eyes, "What?" I asked staring him over with annoyance.

Justin stared at me for a while, like I was an idiot before he shook his head, "You just aren't aware of the world around you, it just bothers me." He said before lifting a hand, "I don't want to talk about it either. Let's get you home." He added.