Chapter 9: Momma!

It hit me.

The embarrassment, the hurt, the pain.

In all my life, I never imagined the day my parents would kick me out of their home.

Cerberus curled up closer to me in the blankets and I cried softly. I didn't want anyone hearing, worrying.

I fell asleep crying myself to sleep and had a lot of dreams of hell, literal hell. Fire and blazing torches, red skinned beasts and monsters with three eyes and horns.

I dreamt of a man, covered in tattooed words of Satan, eyes that lit like fire, horns that grew out his skull and massive black wings. He was with the red beast, both of them sitting over a mountain of screaming and whimpering people burning and melting.

Lifting my head off the pillow, I steadied my breathing and looked to Cerberus before getting up out of the bed and going to the bathroom. 

I sat in the empty tub and shut my eyes to get a calm moment, a single moment of silence.

The door opened and I went to say something but Damien walked in and just began pissing in the toilet half asleep.

Liquor filled the air and I leaned into Damien, "Are you drunk?" I asked forgetting the context was completely inappropriate timing.

He jumped and looked to me muttering "Fucking hell." And stared down at his dick in his hand. Not that I could see anything from here, his backs to me.

I waited for an answer, "It helps me sleep." He said finishing and flushing.

His eyes moved back to me as he moved to the sink, "Why are you sleeping in the tub?" He asked giving me a judgy stare.

Leaning back, I shrugged, "I needed somewhere quiet...safe." I admitted feeling a bit vulnerable now.

Damien washed his hands and stared over at me through the reflection of the mirror, "Cerberus tends to brings nightmares. I'll drag his ass back to my room." He said shutting the sink off and drying his hands.

I shook my head, "No, I-I'm okay. He actually helps me feel better. I can vent to him and he won't go blabbing it to everyone." I said laughing a bit and then realizing how stupid that sounded.

He looked me over, "Give my door a knock when you realize he's a bed hogger." He said before going out the bathroom door and shutting it behind him.

Shutting my eyes, I saw it again, the wings, massive and heavy.

I fell asleep imagining the soft velvet feel of them and the strength of every brush that they gave to the air.

"Bella!"

Shit.

Opening my eyes, I rubbed my ache in my neck and sat up staring over at the door, "Bella!" Mom shouted again.

Oh for the love of God.

The bathroom door opened and I watched mom walk in and smack me right across the face, "Momma!" I said in disbelief.

She shook her head, "I am not your momma, ohhh no. How dare you?!" She asked furiously.

How dare I what?

I stood up annoyed and crossed my arms over my chest, "You defiled the church. Your reputation, okay, that's on you. But how could you possibly destroy the church?" She asked half sobbing.

What the hell is she talking about? "I don't know what you're talking about. I've been here in this home since you kicked me out last night." I said getting out the tub.