Chapter 24: Done Staring?

I woke up to the sound of glass shattering from downstairs, followed by a "Ah shit." From Azazel.

The feel of red hot flesh under my fingertips felt suddenly distant. His eyes still stuck in my mind, and I knew exactly who it was. My mind had turned Damien into his nickname 'Devil boy' and honestly it was very hot.

This bed is so heavy with the scent of Damien, he always smelt like a campfire and spearmint. It reminded me of those nights Nathan's uncle would let us go camp in his huge backyard and we'd have bonfires.

I sat up, moving Cerberus off my chest and to the pillow before going out the room and to my room.

Opening the door, I went inside and stopped when I noticed Damien asleep. The blanket was down by his waist, his chest sculpted to pure perfection, and on his chest was a mark. An upside down star with a circle around it, the devils mark, right over his heart. I wonder if he knows he takes his nickname a bit too far.

A smile grew on my lips and I went to the closet, quietly pulling out a tank top, underwear, a bra and sweat pants. A cool breeze blew in and I felt a shiver over me. He's going to catch a cold sleeping practically naked in a room with a gaping hole in it.

Placing the clothes on the dresser, I walked over to the bed and knelt down. His dark hair was tousled unlike how it normally is, all combed back nicely. I liked it like this.

Stop staring bella it's creepy.

"Done staring?"

Ah!

His eye peaked open and a small grin slipped onto his lips, meanwhile my entire body and face were probably the shade of a riped tomato. Oh god, please open the floor and swallow me.

Talk Bella! Talk!

Explain yourself you creep!

"I was just going to cover you. It's chilly." I replied dropping my face to my lap as he sat up. Don't ogle him. Do not do it.

He gave a small laugh, "Not like I don't do it to you." His reply made my chest explode with breathless birds slamming into the cages of my ribs, completely unaware and unprepared for that statement.

I caught his stare, he was so calm, collected, how?! How does someone stay that absolutely calm after admitting something so...so well I don't know it's just not something you'd admit. Right?

Damien ran his hand through his hair, pushing it all back, "Would you rather I lie to you? I can if it'll make you more comfortable." He said low with that stupidly handsome playful grin of his.

I shook my head quick, "No, don't lie. I just wasn't ready for that. Well, I'll-Ill leave you to get dressed." I replied trying to muster up decency not to jump on him right there.

He gave a small nod, I stood and grabbed my clothes off the dresser, realizing for once, someone was absolutely honest with me, and I liked that, "And Damien?" I asked looking back and watching his amused stare, "Thank you." I wasn't sure what I meant by it. I wasn't sure if it was for taking care of me and making sure I got home safe, taking me to bed, letting me sleep in his while he took mine, for the honesty, for his kindness during my hardest time, maybe just-

"For what Darling?" He asked leaning forward now, his arm propped on his knee, the blanket barely holding over his waist. "Just being you." I replied honestly, before I walked out and shut the door behind me.

Alright. That was-phew.

Going to the bathroom, I shut and locked the door taking a quick shower and getting dressed. I brushed my teeth and gargled with half a bottle to rid the alcohol and vomit.

When I got downstairs I could smell bacon, pancakes and eggs. Hm.

Walking into the kitchen, I smirked as Azazel was whistling a tune as he stirred a pan of hash browns. "I didn't know you could cook." I commented with amusement.

He glanced over at me with a smirk, "I'm every woman's dream man Beauty, you'll realize it soon enough. Tell me, do you like cheese on your eggs?" He asked as he eyed the potatoes over.

I walked over and shook my head, "No, thank you though." I opened the fridge as Mr. Coleson walked in with his newspaper.

His eyes moved over Aze and I, "You two causing mayhem over there?" He gave us a sharp stare and I laughed before shaking my head.

Damien walked in dressed in a dark T-shirt and jeans, his hair combed back and he smelt like some amazing minty blue after shave. He was arguing with Cerberus, "No, I didn't say that. Back off would you?"

Why is that so cute to me?

I'm definitely into the weird guys.

Aze held out a plate to me and I gave him a sweet smile taking it. It was nice having someone make me breakfast, I'd forgotten what it was like.

As Azazel handed Damien his breakfast, he gave him a confused look but pulled out a tupaware, "You don't eat like a normal human?" Aze asked Damien with distaste.

I took my plate to the table, along with Mr. Colesons placing both done and sitting.

Damien laughed short and pulled a cup out, filling it with orange juice before filling another cup with a pre-made shake. He walked them over, placing the cup down for his grandpa and then the orange juice down for me. "I'll be back at around four, when do you work tonight?" Damien asked putting a lid on his breakfast and taking a fork.

I gave him a wide eyed and confused stare, "Seven. Then I'm off at nine." I replied watching him carefully, he gave a small nod and poured coffee into a to-go cup, "Say goodbye to Bells, Cerb." He said watching Cerberus as he sat staring at me.

He wants a bacon.

I smirked and held out a bacon strip, he jumped, licked my face and took the bacon hurrying out the kitchen.

Oh great, Cerberus saliva.

Damiens thumb ran over the saliva, "Quit licking Bella, you pervert." He muttered, staring at my cheek studiously before he smirked softly and then left the kitchen telling us all to behave.

I smiled softly, gazing up at Mr. Coleson who was grinning like the damn Cheshire Cat. "What?" I asked giving him a light scowl.

He shrugged, "Oh nothing, nothing at all." Uh huh.

Azazel sat down and sighed, "I slave over a hot stove and he can't even sit and enjoy it with us. What a-hey where do you work?" He asked shoving a fork full of eggs in his mouth.

I poked at the hash browns, stacking them on, "Angels." I said eating and then watching him ponder it, "Like the baseball team?" He furrowed his brows.

Mr. Coleson laughed, "No, it's a strip joint. Fine establishment around here. You plan on going to watch her tonight?" He asked with a small scowl at Aze.

Azazels eyes shot open and he looked me over, "You two are fucking with me. Aren't you?" He asked quietly, suspiciously. I shook my head, "No I'm actually sort of behind. I should go get myself a costume today." I replied thoughtfully.

He laughed, a short loud one before sighing, "You're a-you're a very intriguing girl. Very." He nodded before pointing to me.

Never heard that one before.

We finished up breakfast and I cleaned up before taking Mr. Coleson with me on a walk to the shop. I'm sure Nathan's there and since Aze decided he should join, he's obviously literally following behind.

"If I pick and buy you an outfit, would you by any chance wear it?" Aze asked as he tossed an arm over my shoulder. I mentally sighed before he was swatted in the stomach by Mr. Coleson, "Pig." He muttered to Aze.

I couldn't help but grin.