Chapter 26: Join Me

God my entire body feels so off, I should've eaten earlier. I don't even think I had lunch, and I can't remember the last time I had a glass of water.

My skins hot, my stomachs aching and my entire body is just on dying mode.

The sound of his footsteps pulled me from my self diagnosis of death, "I brought you some clothes. I'll check your temperature when you're changed." He said placing the pile of clothes down beside me.

I gave a small nod, how embarrassing, I literally fainted on the guy. Sometimes I feel like someone's just out there trying to ruin my life.

Damien brushed his hair back with his fingers before turning and walking out the room. He shut the door behind him as Cerberus walked in and I smiled at the big beast. "He's sweet for a devil boy." I told him.

He gave a small ruff and got on the bed, I stood ignoring the spinning in my head and dropped the towel, quickly drying my hair before getting dressed.

My toes felt so cold, I don't understand, am I dying?

Woah, I feel dizzy again.

Cerberus bit lightly on my arm and pulled me down to the bed gently. I laid down onto my side and curled up into a ball while Cerberus laid his head on my thigh watching me with what I'm hoping is an expression of worry. "I feel like I'm dying. I forgot to eat." I sighed and heard a knock at the door.

"Come in." I said watching it slowly open before Damien gave Cerberus a stare and then walked over.

He held a glass of water, a thermometer and a plate of pizza slices. "Still feeling off?" He asked as he walked over placing the plate on the small nightstand.

I gave a small nod, staring at the cup in his hand before he held it out.  I took it and noted the straw, how thoughtful. "Open your mouth." Damien said holding the thermometer out. Oh.
Opening my mouth, he slipped it under my tongue and we waited a minute before it beeped and he removed it. "You've got a bit of a fever but you'll be okay. Eat and then rest up." He said softly while staring at the thermometer and then handing me the plate of pizza.

Taking it, I gave him a small smile, my mind slashing back to the blood, the way that mans head just bled endlessly.

The scent.

The sound.

Moving the plate to my lap, I glanced up at Damien who was staring studiously at me, "Let me go get the old man to bed, clean up a bit and I'll take the couch tonight." He said gesturing to the small sofa against the wall.

It's a bit like he read my mind. I gave a small nod and watched him leave, shutting the door behind him.

Cerberus stayed by my side, laying down and I realized he really is a great comfort dog. It's no wonder Damien has him, I should've gotten a support dog long ago. Probably would've saved me from being where I am today.

I finished two slices and all my water, then went to the bathroom brushing my teeth and feeling complete exhaustion.

Cerberus followed me, every step I took, he watched. Aze pushed the door open and peaked over at me, "Goodnight Beauty, I hope you have sweet dreams." He said giving me a light smile.

Drying my lips with a wash cloth, I gave him a soft smile back, "You too, Aze." I waited till his footsteps faded and then headed back to Damiens room.

To my surprise, Damien was sitting on the couch on the phone, "She is. I'll let her know you called." He said before hanging up and putting his phone down.

My brows furrowed in confusion and he looked down at the phone, "Nathan. He was worried. You should rest." He said running his hand through his hair.

I moved to the bed and laid inside, pulling the blanket around me and feeling Cerberus curl up next to me. "He's a really good comfort dog." I stated aloud.

Damien was quietly fixing the couch to be bed worthy, "Sometimes he's a pain in the ass." He said while his 'pervert' image of Cerberus crossed my mind. A smile grew on my lips, "I'm sorry I've been taking him from you every night." I realized I've been hogging him.

A small laugh filled the room, "It's me who should apologize. He's not...he's a pervert." He said it so seriously, I couldn't help but laugh now.

"He's not a pervert, he's just a dog." I retaliated while Damien sighed, "You have no idea. None." He shook his head giving Cerberus a judgmental stare.

Running my hand over Cerbs side, he nuzzled his head beside mine, "You're not a pervert huh Cerbs?" I cooed scratching under his chin.

Damien walked over to the light, "Just remember, I warned you." He said with a light grin while his fingers lingered over the light switch.

I gave a single nod, fighting back a smile before he shut the lights off. His eyes spooked me a bit, unlike normal golden eyes, his were a heavy red. I blinked and watched him walk to the couch.

"Sweet Dreams, Bella." Damien let out a tired sigh and I shut my eyes, burying my face in Cerbs head. "Goodnight." I replied.

Every time I shut my eyes, I saw it, I saw him lift the gun, point it to his head and pull the trigger.

I heard the thump of his body hitting the floor, the feel of my legs shaking vigorously with fear.

Pulling Cerberus closer, I slowly tired from my worries and felt myself drift off to a dream, one with the same hell fires and demons. The scorching of human flesh.

There Damien was, in his devilish form, he sat on the throne of bones and souls struggling from holding it up. He sat back, his horns high and mighty, in the center of his head, a crown made of fire. His massive wings were laying over the bones, relaxed, but I know when he opens them, they span beyond ten feet each wing.

I was led by two boar like men, their heads and hooves not human, but their arms and torsos were. They gripped my arms, and for some reason, I fought. I was screaming, pleading them to let me go, begging them not to show me to him.

Then I was stripped, tossed to the ground before the throne and staring up at Damien with humiliation and fear.

His eyes ran over me, and then he leaned down and held something out to me.

My eyes ran over the weapon, a gun, the gun.

Taking it, out of fear not to, I watched his red blazing eyes focus behind me, amusement crossing his face. I turned my head, staring at the man, his features were molding familiarly, no bullet wounds, no blood.

For some reason, I lifted that gun, cocked it and then pointed it to his head.

The gun shook, I tried to avoid my actions, to stop myself, but then I felt him, his body pressed up behind me. His wings blocking the light from shining down, leaving us in a dim lit darkness. His hands reached up over my hips, up to my ribcage, over my arms and down them. Then he held my hands in his, his finger laying over mine on the trigger, "Just pull it, Darling." He said softly into my ear.

I fought myself, hard, but when I felt that light pressure from his finger, I flinched and pulled the trigger. The mans skull exploded, gushing blood over us. Obviously this isn't real, it can't be since that isn't possible or realistic in any way. I was drenched naked in the blood of him, Damien running his hands up my flesh, muttering how great I look in red.

His hands wrapped around my neck before he whispered, "Now it's your turn to die, join me." He said pushing my hand to aim the gun up under my chin. Shit! "No!" I screamed.

Shooting up from the bed, I felt the burning of my throat. I stared down at my fully clothed body and Cerberus was giving me a long worried stare.

Across the bed, Damien was sitting up, breathing quick, his eyes focused on the blanket, he had a nightmare too.