Chapter 22: Pinky promise

Azazel looked me over grinning lightly in that weird sort of semi creepy stare of his. "Enjoy yourself, Beauty." He winked as he said it which just seemed a bit weirder.

I gave a small nod and headed out the door with Cleo quick.

Damien followed while telling Cerberus not to try anything and to behave. He even told him to lock the old man in for bed. It's honestly heart warming how he talks to Cerberus.

Cleo and Nathan went to her dad's car and she got in the passenger seat, tossing Nathan the keys, "I'm so excited! We're going to actually go to the barn bar!" Cleo's excitement grew.

Damien pulled open the door and stared at the house, his gesture for me to go in made my chest do something funny. I thanked him and got in going to scoot but stopped when the other door opened.

Azazel smiled and hopped in looking to me with a smile, "I know I wasn't formally invited, but I cant pass up a good time." He replied brushing my hair back and then pulling the belt loop of my shorts, bringing me to his side.

Uh.

"Mind your manners Aze." Damien warned getting into the car. I suppose he's going to let this guy tag along, he hasn't fou-

Damiens hand moved across me, pulling me to his side effortlessly, then he gestured to my seatbelt, "Buckle up." He said sitting back and avoiding eye contact with Azazel.

Nonetheless, I liked his little protective side.

Pulling the seatbelt over me, I tried to buckle but my hair spilt down covering the small opening. Dammit.

A small laugh, barely a huff of air with amusement, then Damien brushed my hair back and I buckled the belt lifting my head and giving him a kind smile.

Nathan turned up some rock song and I wondered why these two would like a country bar, it's definitely not their scene. I'm sure they're just going to make fun of everyone and try to corrupt it.

A hand ran through my hair and I looked to Damien who's hands where in his lap. Azazel. Turning my gaze to him, he was staring out the window, his hand in my hair rubbing my scalp, his eyes caught mine after I stared long enough, "Your hairs soft." He commented.

I thanked him awkwardly.

We arrived after four songs and me trying to ignore Azazels uncomfortable grins and winking.

He's impossible.

Damien got out and I followed him with Azazel right behind me, his face dropping to my hair, "You even smell good." He's really getting creepy.

I got out the car, moving in front of Damien to get Azazel off my back.

We got in when Cleo gave her name and headed into the massive bar built like a barn house. Loud country music played, there was a mechanical bull, pool tables, a dance floor filled with line dancers and southern swinging singles. It was cute honestly.

Lots of cowgirl and cowboy hats, and almost everyone was holding a coors.

Damien leaned into my ear as the music overpowered any conversation, "What can I get you to drink?" He asked giving me his ear to respond, "A Stella Artois with a lime?" I asked while he gave a nod and went to the bar.

Cleo took Nathan's hand and rushed him to the floor, both of them trying to learn to line dance. Azazel drifted into the crowds, feasting on all the single groups of ladies.

"Bella?"

Shit.

Turning my head, I stared at Peter, Justin's younger brother. "Hey Peter." I called while he broke into an amused grin, "Here alone?" He shouted with his eyes running over my outfit.