Chapter 15: Losing My Mind

I woke up to the sound of Cerberus scratching at my door, pushing out of bed, I stumbled over to the bedroom door pulling it open.

Cerberus walked in and hurried past me to the bed jumping up and curling into the middle of the bed. "You know for a big guy, you sure think you're very small." I muttered laying down in the bed hugging him.

I went back to sleep up until the morning came and I heard Damien whisper shouting, "You need a bath. Come on. Don't make my life difficult." I turned and noticed Cerberus was gone and my door was shut.

Getting out of bed, I heard Cerberus whimpering before Damien talked for him, "I don't wanna go! I hate baths!" He said in a more nerdy tone. I laughed quietly and heard Damien talk in his normal voice, "You have to, you smell and you're sleeping in Bella's bed." He was grunting now.

"No! I'll do anything! I'll-ill be good! No bath! Please!"

"Come on Cerberus, knock it off. You're gonna wake her."

"I don't! I refuse to bathe!"

"Too bad!"

"No!"

"Get in right now and I'll buy you those burgers you like from Waldo's." Silence grew.

"Fine. But I want three."

"Fine. Three it is."

"Actually I don't want to."

"For fucks sake Cerberus! It's just a bath!"

I couldn't contain my laughter, all I could picture was Damien having full dialogues with himself and I pulled the door open watching Cerberus run and hide behind my legs.

Damien sighed and stood up. His eyes on me in a shocked way, "You always have full conversations with your dog?" I asked going to the bathroom and whistling low.

Cerberus ran in and his tail was wagging rapidly.

Damien jumped into the bathroom and shut the door laughing sinisterly at Cerberus. "Gotcha now, don't I?" He said crossing his arms over his chest.

I brushed my teeth while Damien struggled with Cerberus getting him into the tub, "Knock it off Cerbs! Three burgers, remember it's three burgers." He said grunting as he held Cerberus back.

After rinsing my mouth, I put my toothbrush away, "How much does he weigh?" I asked him while he looked to Cerberus finally getting him in the tub, "One hundred and forty pounds."

Holy cow!

"I noticed he was huge and heavy but I didn't know he was so much heavier than me." I said watching Damiens eyes run over me before he snickered.

I headed out the bathroom, shutting the door and going down the stairs.

Damiens grandpa was reading the newspaper and I smiled at him giving a Goodmorning before beginning to make breakfast. "Bella, how do you feel about Damien?" He asked flipping the page.

About him? "Uh, he's a good guy." I admitted grabbing out the eggs, bacon and butter.

I pulled a pan out and began cooking up our breakfast, curious about why he'd ask for my opinion on Damien.

As I finished cooking, Cerberus ran downstairs wet and hurried behind me.

Damien walked in with his boxers and T-shirt stuck to him from the water. His white T-shirt was see-through now and the muscle was prominent. His hair was slicked back and he glared behind me, "Get upstairs." He said sternly.

I smirked down at Cerberus, "Go dry up and I'll give you a bacon." I said holding a strip of bacon up.

He began drooling and I tossed the strip to Damien who caught it and pointed up the stairs. Cerberus slowly headed past us and up the stairs while Damien headed after him sighing.