Why Did You Have To Go...

--BB's POV--

I walk to Ravens room, and knock on the door. I really have to ask her about yesterday. That wasn't cool.

I ask for permission to enter and she tells me to wait. I lay by back against the wall, and hear the thump of her dresser opening.

I hope she's alright from drinking. I have no idea what happened and I hope she was being smart about what she did.

My stomach flew into my throat as I heard Raven scream out in pain, and hit the floor. I hurried to type in the override code to Ravens room, and I saw her on the ground.

Her hair was rapidly growing, and she was painfully clutching her head. I ran to her and picked her up.

Her eyes threatened to close, and her breaths were slow and shallow. The only thought that ran through my mind was that she was dying, and I couldn't let that happen. Well, at least without telling her what I felt.

She looked at me with tears welling up her vision, and I whispered three simple words. "I love you."

--

"Cyborg!" I yelled, as I lay Raven down on the medical bed. He came rushing in, with a hammer in his hand, probably from working on the t-car.

He dropped it and started hooking Raven up to umpteen machines. I stepped back, making sure I wasn't in cyborgs way. Shortly after, Robin and Starfire barged in, with the same, horrified looks as I.

"What happened?" Robin asked, approaching me. I was too shocked to talk, so I let out a muffled gasp.

He laid a hand on my shoulder, out of comfort, and patted my back. Raven wasn't moving, and it was scaring me. I felt my heart melt inside my chest, and my eyes water.

Her face was so peaceful, laying on the bed with a slight smile spread across her beautiful face. Cyborgs face dropped as he looked at her status.

He looked at Raven, and stopped. A single tear rolled from his human eye, and he shut her machines off.

I finally found my voice, and yelled at him. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I screamed, pushing him.

He looked at me, and sadly smiled. What was he doing? I looked back at Raven, and My mouth dropped.

I heard Starfire behind me; her screech muffled by robins shirt. 'No..' I thought. 'NO!' I ran to her side, and picked up her cold hand.

My throat tightened, and bubbled like a frogs'. My teammates kept their distance, and shared their turns of grief.

Ravens face was paper white, as well as the rest of her body. Her normally amethyst purple hair, was turning into a light gray. I clutched her pale hand as tight as I could, hoping she would wake up, and I could see her smile, and could feel her lips against mine.

My chest pounded with grief, heartbreak, and pain. I looked into her closed eyes, trying to read her emotions. My animal senses were telling me to back away, to leave and run away as far as I could go, but my human instinct told me she wasn't really gone. Just pretending.

I wanted to listen, but right now I couldn't focus on anything but Raven. I couldn't loose another person I cared about. I had already cried everything I had, and everything I would ever had when my parents died. I couldn't go through that again.

I couldn't.. Wouldn't.. Except the fact that Raven was gone. She wasn't. She couldn't do that to us. To me. I took my shaking hand back to my chest, and stood up.

My fellow teammates stared at me as I walked out of the room without a tear. Without a sob. Without a second look.

I slowly walked to my room and sat on my bed. I heard the cries of the others through my door, and the sound of hugging.

I couldn't cry, though. All I could do was look at my ceiling and smile. At least I know, that Ravens in heaven. And I can't be mad at her for being safe. For being care free.

All I could do was look up, and smile. My teeth were protruding from my lips, and I smiled even wider.

"I love you Raven." I said aloud. "And I always will."

-((did you cry? I did when I wrote this. I'm actually crying right now after proof reading it. Don't worry, I have plans for later so it's even sadder. Idk, I'm weird.))-