Almost

Why do those words seem so familiar? I re-read the the phrase over and over, contemplating it's meaning.
This "journal" or whatever it is, had something to do in my first life. What? I don't know, but I need answers.
I set the book down, after messing with the pages, and close my eyes. "The gem shall be his portal." Replays in my brain, making it go numb, and somewhat tired.
I lay down, ignoring the pounding ache coming from my teeth, and focus in on the words. What does that mean? Why does it stuck in my brain, like I should know it?
I let out an angry sigh, sitting back down, trying to forget it. But the words do t leave.
"Be his portal." They tell me. "The prophecy shall be fulfilled."
My eyes spring open, as my body jumps off my bed, sprinting towards the door.
My hair gets caught in my mouth, but I continue running, slamming my door open, and confronting my master.
"Master!" I yell, "Master!"
Upon hearing his name, he stands up from his sitting posture, and looks at my pale face.
"What?" He spits.
I flinch at his rudeness, but take a deep breath, and speak. "'The gem shall be his portal.' What does that mean?" I ask.
Master sighs, setting a warm hand on my shoulder, and pulling my body against his.
"In good time," he starts. "You'll know."
What does he mean "good time?" I want to know now.
"What do you mean?"
I don't care if I sound like a spoiled child, I want the answers that I deserve.
Setting my hands firmly on my hips, I give him a glare, a glare that sends daggers through his soul, crushing them with the power of my sight.
Master clears his throat, giving me a comfortable glance, wishing for me to calm. I take a deep intake of air, and let my arms fall limp at my sides. "Please."
I ask him.
Master sighs, and removes his strong hands from my shoulders. "You mustn't worry, dear. All will be resolved and well."
His answer was vague, but clear enough for me to see my outbursts outcome. I whisper softly, my voice barley audible.
"Sorry." The words mumble out of my mouth like soft whispers that don't want to leave, but to stay caged inside.
Master nods, excepting my apology silently. He plants a small kiss upon my lips, interlacing them for only a split second.
"Now dear Crow," he starts. "Mustn't you be getting ready?"
I look into his eyes, the piercing color drains out any shade from mine, and lets his grow with more volume.
"I shall, master." I set off towards my room, my head hanging lower than sea level, as I slowly make my way down the eerie corridors to my spacious room.
Blood drips down the side of my mouth, and I realize I've been biting on my lip. Gathering the red substance with my tongue, I change my course, and step outside into the warm air.
The temperature sends millions of goosebumps to travel up my arms, even though it is as hot as an oven.
Standing somberly in the shade, I lean back against the red bricks, and observe the landscape.
People rush amongst themselves, pushing air out of their way, not caring to glance up to avoid the obstacles in their way.
Everyone but one figure, standing alone against a wall, clicking his gloved fingers to the wall behind him.
Three accomplices stand behind, scanning the landscape, as the boy looks down, the discoloration of his skin, glistening slightly.
I clench my hand, as I sneer at the boy, unnoticed. Ruby red drops appear from my hand, splashing onto the pavement where I stand. Groaning, I peer at the bloody ring set on my 4th finger, it's green glow hidden by the mass of thick liquid.
I lick my fingers, looking down at the sidewalk, small splotches of red littering the top. Blinking, and glancing up, the bright emerald eyes of the boy meet mine, and instantly drain of color.