I Have Awoken

--Ravens POV--

Pain.

It overwhelms me.

Stinging through my chest and echoing throughout my body. Pinpricks of needles find their way inside me, curling and spiraling through my veins.

Paralyzed. But the pain is non stop.

My throat tightens, clenching in on itself, restricting my breathing to not much more than a small inhale.

It hurts. It hurts.

My toes curl in on themselves sending a shoot of scorching pain throughout my feet and popping veins.

Unbearable.

My torso stings. My heart thundering so loudly that my ribs vibrate and collapse. They chafe against each other, pulsing heavily.

Kill me.

My head, swimming with information and description of this pain. It thumps and liquifies, making me feel dumb and worthless.

Now.

Although my eyelids burn and bubble, I open them slowly. Cream colored lights sparkle my vision, blurring out what I can make out as a room. My heartbeat thumps in my ears, I groan, the small action choking me.

Slowly, the agonizing pain fades away, my vision clearing and my hearing sharpening. I am in a room, a medical room; instruments and machines surrounding me. I turn my head carefully, dreading the sights and echoing sounds of heart rate monitors that ring through my ears.

I look down, my body enveloped in a paper gown, my skin slightly pale, but healthy and full never the less. I swing my legs over the side, my hands slightly shaking as I touch my feet to the cool tiled floor. I pull my weight onto my thin legs, wobbling slightly, but manage a smile when I walk.

My hip length wavy purple hair knots itself around the tie of my gown, working against me as I make my way to the door.

I make my way to the door, my skinny arm outstretched to grip the handle. I bite my chapped lip as my fingers curl around the metal knob, squeezing tightly. I take a deep breath through my nose, and open the door. A long hallway stands in front of me, patiently waiting for me to travel.

I take a cautious step, planning my foot movements as I set them down, carrying my weight evenly across the cream colored tiles.

Anxiety swims in the back of my head, mixing with worry and confusion, as I stride slowly down the endless hall, my eyes focused on the door; the last door.

Footsteps set themselves in another room, the echoing patter bouncing off the walls and finding its way to me. I continue walking, my eyes glued to the door. Not moving.

The footsteps abruptly stop from behind me, a heavy gasp sounding from the body the footsteps belong to. I continue walking, unfazed by the noise, and seek my target, estimating the amount of footsteps.

29..28..

"R-Raven?" The figures warm voice sends chills down my spine as it approaches me at double the pace.

20..19..

"Raven!" It appears at my side, his green hands clenched into fists and looking directly at me with a hopeful smile.

15..14..

He sets his hands on my shoulders, disrupting my pattern. My eyes stay locked on the door, not planning to move.

14...

His eyes scan my face, looking to find something, trying to uncover a secret. His face saddens when he stares into my cold eyes.

"Raven.." His voice cracks, caressing my cheek as he speaks. Blood rushes to my cheeks, my eyes blinking automatically without command to.

His eyes linger on my lips, yearning to reach out and press them together. But, my mind is blank, and so are my eyes.

I press forward, my body against his as I continue on, not wanting to be diverted from my target. His lips press to mine quickly, a new wave of heat pulsing between us.

My eyes fade into a soft amethyst, my memory and goals rejuvenating as I slowly kiss back, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck.

When we pull away, my forehead his pressed against his, our eyes closed, breathing heavily. But one question lingers in my mind.

"How long was I asleep?"