Chapter 9

-Keith POV-"S7: Know Your Enemy"

"I can't believe that we can go home. Everyone here is an amazing fighter to have gotten to this moment. Whether you are Altean, Human, or Galran. You are a hero. Alright Paladins let's go home!" Shiro said very proudly as they went through into the Milky Way.

---------

All of us were marveling at the site of the Garrison with a particle barrier over it. 'Wow Sam has been busy' I thought as we stopped. Everyone was eager to see their families again, even as we stopped Pidge jumped from the cruiser and landed in her mom's arms.

I was helping Allura, Romelle, and Coran out of their cruiser while Lance reunited with his family and Shiro talked with Iverson and Sam. Everyone was happy as could be, talking and yelling mixed with laughter, though everything went silent when they heard someone come out of the Garrison, it was a woman, and she screamed, "KEITH!"

I turned to see the girl I still love, and want to be with. Veronica McClain.

I ran. I ran to her and held her in my arms. She whispered in my ear, "I never should have left you! I have been waiting ever since you left. I still... I still love you Keith."

I didn't the only logical thing I could think of in this situation... I kissed Veronica. A passionate kiss, not some peck on the cheek. "I still love you with all my heart V." I say as we pull away.

"I know and I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have left you when you obviously needed me the most. I don't deserve this! Where's the old Keith, the screaming, angry Keith?" She said sobbing.

"Sorry but space changed me, I am not that guy. I am the same Keith that you fell in love with, and yes! You deserve this. You were just thinking in the moment, not of the future or past. I know you still love me Veronica, and I love you." I said kissing her again.

"DUDE! YOU DATED MY SISTER! WHEN!" I hear Lance scream. I laughed so hard Veronica had to stop me from falling over. "Back before I was a drop-out I was a moderately good kid. And Veronica and I have known each other for a long time."

----------

-A few days later-

We were all in the control room finishing up a call with Matt and the Resistance. When Veronica called Curtis over and they both seemed to be petrified. "Uh, Sir, a signal is coming from the East Coast!" Veronica said, and it got everyone's attention.

"Where exactly, the Garrison base?" Iverson asked hopefully. Though she had already pinpointed it to a place way north of that base. "No sir, it seems to be coming from... Long Island?"

She put the map up onto the big monitor at the front of the room. I knew it. Long Island Sound.

Camp.