Chapter 18

-Chapter 18-3rd POV-

"There once was a boy who was stolen, and given new life. He didn't remember his old life, nor did his mother. Though his father, he was the reason for the boys pain and suffering. And once the boy knew of his old life, he left. Left his 'mother', his 'father' and everything he had ever known. And now that boy is dead though he has been reborn into a new solider. But every story has an end. And today is that boy's end. Forever. No more lives for him!"

Tartarus grabbed something from Keith's armor pocket and threw the Red Paladin onto the ground. Keith instantly seemed to know what Tartarus had taken and was crawling away, though he didn't have enough time.

Tartarus smashed a bottle of some sort in front of Keith and the mist inside enveloped the boy. "The mist has taken form to show the boy. Show his original form, for he is not this Keith!"

Once the mist dispersed Keith was facing the ground so nobody could see his face. Though he was still in his armor, and his hair had gotten significantly shorter.

Keith could tell that far away at the depths of the ocean, the god of the sea had sensed his son's return.

Keith lifted his being and looked upward, to the demigods surprise and shock. The face staring back at them was not of Keith Kogane, Paladin of the Black Lion.

But was Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon, and Saviour to Olympus.

There was no time for a joyous reunion though. Because as fast as he stood, he also grabbed for the ballpoint pen in his pocket. Keith turned with as much ferocity as the Black Lion, uncapped Riptide, and stabbed Tartarus through the heart, taking out two monsters with him as he fell to the ground.

As Tartarus's form was fading into silver dust, Keith ran like a mad man taking out every monster he saw.

By the end, the sun was setting on the Long Island Sound, and glinting like fire in the orange light of dusk, was the remains of the enemy army, and also, the glow of Anaklusmos taking the life out of one last earthborn.

In the light of the Camp Half-Blood fire, the Demigods and Paladins all waited, patiently for Keith's return. As they spotted him descending from Half-Blood Hill, cleaning of his sword, and putting the mist back in it's bottle, everyone tensed, waiting to see if they would either meet Keith Kogane or Percy Jackson.

When his heart-shaped face was touched by the heat of Hestia's flames, they saw him as the Red Paladin. Everyone knew that Percy Jackson was no more, and after the battle they just fought.

All of the Demigods and Paladins would wait till breakfast the next morning, for Keith to share the tale...

Of a Paladins Past.