•사•

jungkook's eyes cracked open to darkness and the sound of pure silence.

for a moment he was confused; normally he never woke up in the night. there could probably be a nuclear war happening just outside his window and he would just turn over and go back to sleep.

but something inside of him, call it instincts, had clicked. he rubbed his eyes and sat up, hearing the blankets shift against his skin. jungkook's eyes trailed over to his roomate's bed and found it empty; the duvet was almost thrown off the bed, a body-shaped dent lying in the mattress.

jungkook frowned, swinging his legs off of the bed and shrugging off the blanket. his bare feet met the fluffy carpet and he stood up, stretching his arms before walking over to the open door.

the youngest stepped out quietly, knowing the other members were asleep in their rooms. he tiptoed down the stairs, going down the long corridor and feeling the coldness of the polished wood. he had a feeling he knew where yoongi would be.

he kept walking down that dark corridor, the only light guiding him being the small glow of the moon streaming through the windows.

after a minute he reached a door, painted black, yellow light peaking from the gap underneath it. there was a code needed to be inputted to get in and jungkook knew exactly what it was; 90393. yoongi's birthday.

small beeps sounded when he pressed the keypad, a light flashing green on the top of it, door opening with a tiny creak. jungkook took hold of the handle and silently pushed it open, finding exactly what he was looking for.

yoongi was sat on his blue swivel chair, headphones sat comfortably on his ears and eyes focused on the computer screen in front of him. his pale hands were resting on the keyboard that rest in front of him, occasionally pressing the plastic keys.

jungkook padded over carefully, placing his hands on the warm plastic covers over the shorter's ears and pulling them off very gently. yoongi looked up startled, face immediately softening when he looked up and met eyes with jungkook.

"hey... what are you doing up?" yoongi asked softly, gently pushing his chair away with a tiny scraping sound. jungkook noticed the dark bags under his eyes, the droopiness of his eyelids. "i could ask you the same."

yoongi broke eye contact to stare down at his lap, "hyung, please just go back to bed. i don't know how long you've been here but you're clearly exhausted..."
"okay, kook. just let me finish this section and the-"

jungkook sighed, "no. come on."
yoongi's lips pulled into a pout, turning back to his computer without a word and starting to edit again. the taller instead plucked him right out of the chair, ignoring his cries and protests. "you can come back in the morning."

yoongi stopped struggling and melted into jungkook's strong arms, head lolling to rest on his built chest. he felt the steady rythm of jungkook's walking rock them back and forth, eyes sliding shut against his will as a sudden force of tiredness hit him.

he felt himself be placed down on a soft surface and groaned, arms reaching out again and searching for the source of body heat. "shh, hyung. sleep, okay?"
yoongi shook his head, eyes struggling to open, seeing jungkook looming over him in the darkness.

the taller smiled fondly, brushing the loose strands of hair out of yoongi's pretty eyes. he tucked the duvet around the petite boy, watching his eyes close swiftly once more as he snuggled into the warm mass.

jungkook bent down, pecking yoongi's forehead lightly again. sparks shot through yoongi's skin from the action and his lips quirked up at the corners. "goodnight, hyung."
"g'night..."

it felt like the millionth time they had said that, but neither of them minded. jungkook gently lied back down on his own bed, wrapping himself up in the blanket. he let yoongi's quiet breathing lull him back into his dreams.

a.n: :/