•십•

yoongi awoke to the sound of a soft, gravelly voice. said voice was breaking, harshly, footsteps pounding on some squishy substance.

he forced his eyes open, his room blurry for a few seconds, before his pupils retracted and the world came into focus.

the room was dark, an orange glow painted from a tiny light that sat on a night table. oh, he realized, he was in his room. yoongi felt a heavy, squishy substance around his body and snuggled into it, ears tuning into the conversation the voice was having.

"i don't care if she isn't stable! i want to come visit her, dad!"
yoongi frowned, hearing the thickness and emotion piling up behind that familiar voice.

"fine. you know what, fuck you."
the footsteps stopped and a loud, irritated exhale came from the other side of the room.

yoongi sat up and winced; his head felt like a few screws had came loose, his brain rolling painfully in his skull. his eyes fell onto jungkook. the youngest was standing as if frozen in time, mouth biting at one of his nails in concern.

"kook?" yoongi murmured out, voice scratchy. the distant look over the youngest's eyes snapped and his head jerked up to face the shortest. "what?" he asked bluntly, voice devoid of all emotion and yoongi frowned.

"are you okay?" he asked cautiously, ignoring the throbbing pain in his head, talking softly as if taming a wild animal. "i'm fine. go back to sleep."
jungkook turned away from yoongi, his black t-shirt exentuating his back muscles.

yoongi gently got to his feet, ignoring the dizziness, pulling up his sweatpants before gently padding over to jungkook. "kookie..."
the taller tensed, every muscle in his body going still before he spat, "i said i'm fine, go back to fucking sleep!"

the elder flinched at his sharp words, resting a hand on jungkook's shoulder. he was shaking ever so slightly, yoongi noticed. the youngest didn't react, staying rock still; he could have been a statue.

"please tell me what's wrong, jungkookie, then maybe i can help?"
jungkook swivelled around abruptly, and yoongi saw the crystal tears glittering in his eyes. "oh, kookie, come here."

yoongi engulfed jungkook in a hug, arms wrapping around his waist and he buried his face in his chest. after a moment he felt wet drops on his hair and started rubbing up and down his back, just a tiny comforting gesture.

"my mum was in a car crash." jungkook muttered after a few minutes of silence, his voice quiet and sorrowful. yoongi didn't say anything, rubbing gentle circles onto the small of his back. "she's in a coma... the doctors don't think she'll wake up."

yoongi dragged jungkook over to the beds, sitting him down on the dark sheets and taking his hand. the youngest wiped his eyes with the back of his free hand, bottom lip quivering violently with the effort of withstanding the tears.

"i'm not gonna say she'll be okay, because i don't know that. just know that i'm here, whenever you need me. like you said, hmm?"

jungkook nodded, more tears dripping down his cheeks, eyes slightly red. "sorry, hyung. i didn't mean to snap."
"it's okay, kook."

the room was suddenly spinning around yoongi and he gulped, blinking a few times. the room didn't stop it's nauseating course. "hyungie?"
he heard jungkook call for him but the world was going dark.

"hyungie? hyung!"

yoongi's eyes cracked open painfully, lights floating before his eyes. jungkook sighed in relief, pressing his lips to yoongi's forehead. "no, stay lying down." he instructed firmly when yoongi started to squirm.

"medicine. you need medicine, it's been long enough."
yoongi whined when jungkook started moving away, making the taller stop his movement and look back down at the elder. "what is it, hyung?"

"no.. i need to make y-you feel better."
"you can make me feel better after we give you the medicine."
jungkook disappeared from view after this, yoongi laying motionless, eyes fixed on the ceiling.

jungkook appeared again swiftly after, two pills in his hand and a glass of water. yoongi sat up, the bed sheets crinkling around him, letting jungkook pass him the pills and swallowing them with a big gulp of water.

the glass hit the night table with a loud clink before yoongi slid back down into a lying position, eyes closing as he started to shiver. he was suddenly freezing, wrapping the blanket around his body tighter.

jungkook frowned, getting up and closing the window he had opened four hours ago; it wasn't cold, just a little chilly. it was march and the weather was just starting to clear up.

he sat back next to yoongi, tucking the covers into the form of his body very gently. "kookie... c-can you stay here with me?"
"of course, hyung."
yoongi's teeth were chattering- the clicking sound filled the air.

"k-kook, i'm..." yoongi trailed off, hand searching for jungkook's blindly; when he found it he squeezed it tightly, his palms clammy even though he was freezing cold.

"don't say anything, hyungie. i don't wanna think about... it right now."
yoongi nodded slowly, humming a little. jungkook rubbed the back of the pale skin with his thumb, smiling a little to himself.

after a few minutes yoongi's breathing evened out, his chest rising and falling more steadily than before. jungkook grinned, letting go of his hand and brushing the loose strands of hair out of his eyes.

"thank you, hyungie..." he whispered, kissing yoongi on the head tenderly. "i know you're going through a lot and i can't imagine how that feels, but thank you for being there for me."
jungkook kissed him again, harder and longer this time, emotions flowing through that one action.

"sleep well, honey."
the youngest rose to his feet after this, turning of the light quietly and letting the room be bathed in darkness.

he tiptoed out of the room, letting yoongi be engulfed in his dreams.

a.n: serious writers block :/