• 십일•

jungkook tiptoed into the room three hours later, emotions running haywire inside of his chest. his heart was aching, sorrow for his mother filling his lungs.

he saw yoongi fast asleep on his bed, black walls and black sheets, sprawled out on the mattress. soft breaths escaped from his parted lips, eyes softly closed and hands in front of him as if yearning for someone to cuddle up to.

jungkook smiled gently, the adorable sight melting the emotions around his heart a little. he acted before he thought, clambering into bed beside yoongi and hugging his fragile body into his chest.

yoongi let out a tiny sigh, molding into jungkook's broader body and cuddling himself in subconsciously. jungkook could feel the combined warmth of their bodies; yoongi was still too hot, but he was getting better.

his arms locked around yoongi's waist, feeling the shorter's head fall heavily into the crook of his neck. for some reason he felt better now, as if someone had given him some sort of emotion-numbing painkiller.

yoongi shuffled around a little, falling still and exhaling through his nose. jungkook gazed down at him fondly. his chest burnt with something resembling heartburn; it wasn't painful, a small bubble of heat that rippled through his ribcage.

the taller pulled yoongi even closer, snuggling deeper into the mattress and kissing yoongi's forehead. the blanket was still pooled around their ankles, but body heat was enough.

yoongi looked so fragile, so vulnerable, as if he became younger when he slept. jungkook's lips perked up; yoongi was so precious.

the shorter started to stir, body wiggling around until his eyes struggled open. his dilated pupils took a while to focus, retracting once they fell onto jungkook's fond features.

"kook..." he murmured out, throat sore and scratchy from misuse. jungkook smiled, galaxies twinkling in his eyes- "hey, hyungie. how'd you feel?"
"like shit."

yoongi noticed the position they were in, how their bodies were pressed together and blushed profusely. jungkook noticed his strawberry-kissed cheeks and smiled even wider. he could feel the weight of jungkook's muscled arms on his back.

"kookie, are you okay?"

the sudden question took jungkook aback, eyebrows bunching nearer to each other. "yeah. fine."
"kook..."
"i'm okay, hyungie."
yoongi squinted his eyes, dark irises glinting with suspicion.

"you're lying."
jungkook lowered his head, hair falling in front of his eyes and hiding the emotion behind them. "jungkook, please just tell me what's wrong..."
a sharp stab of pain seared through yoongi's head suddenly, his eyes screwing shut.

the youngest tightened his grip, staring down at yoongi with concern. the pain subsided as quickly as it had arrived, his eyes tentatively cracking back open. "hyung, you need to eat, drink and sleep. we can talk when you're better."

"no." yoongi muttered, hands curling in jungkook's black shirt. "i care about you, and you're not gonna get away with changing the subject that easily."
jungkook exhaled, eyes dragging up to lock with the elder's.

"can you just drop it? i don't want to talk about it. can't you just respect that?"
yoongi was slightly shocked at the irritation in jungkook's voice; swiftly after he realised he had been pushing jungkook out of his comfort zone.

"sorry." he whispered apologetically, lips pulling into a pout. jungkook unravelled his hands from around yoongi's waist, noticing how yoongi shrank into himself as if he was ashamed.

yoongi stared at his hands, gently releasing the soft fabric from underneath his fingertips and not allowing his eyes to look up at jungkook. he felt bad for pissing him off and didn't want to make it any worse.

"hyungie."
yoongi hummed, a tiny, vulnerable sound in the back of his throat. "i'm not mad, okay? just let me forget about the accident for a while, please...?"

yoongi nodded, avoiding eye contact and moving his legs, blanket crinkling around his feet. "i'm gonna get you something to eat."
jungkook sat up, fixing his messy hair and checking the time on his phone; almost seven.

yoongi finally focused on jungkook, missing the body heat immediately after the taller stood up. "i'll be back soon, just sit tight."

jungkook was true to his word, as he returned to the room less that ten minutes later. in his hand was a tray, a simple sandwich perching on top of a fragile-looking ceramic plate. there was a tall glass of water shimmering next to it, two pills standing out on the black plastic.

yoongi was sitting up now, blanket pulled around his thighs. he smiled his gummy smile when jungkook entered the room, small white teeth causing a bomb to go off in jungkook's heart.

the youngest made his way over carefully, placing the tray on yoongi's lap and taking a seat on the edge of the squishy mattress. "here. i want you to eat all of it, okay? there isn't very much."

yoongi nodded, taking hold of the sandwich and biting into it; the taste of ham, granary bread and mayonnaise filled his mouth. he wasn't hungry at all but knew this would help him get better, so he could get back to his studio.

bite by bite yoongi slowly wore away at the sandwich, wiping off his hands when he was done. jungkook's lips curved upwards, wrinkles appearing around his eyes. yoongi smiled back, eyes twinkling with fondness.

he grabbed the water, swallowing the pills and muttering, "thanks, kook."
"no need to thank me."
jungkook placed his lips on yoongi's forehead, watching the skin beneath them go pink. he was still too hot, but that was to be expected.

yoongi's eyes were droopy, the feeling of a full stomach making him drowsy. he felt soft hands pushing him into a lying position, duvet coming to pool around his shoulders. jungkook gently took the tray from where it had slid to rest on the mattress, placing it on the floor next to the bed.

he felt a figure slip in beside him, hands locking firmly around his waist and a gentle peck being pressed to his head.

"good night, honey."

those were the last words he heard before sleep overtook him.

a.n: is anyone reading this lol