•구•

two days later jungkook pushed open yoongi's studio; the elder hadnt come to bed last night. when the youngest woke up, the bed was pristine.

he walked in and his eyes fell onto yoongi- the elder had his figure slumped over his desk, head between his thin arms, oversized hoodie swallowing up his body.

jungkook couldn't see his face, his features hidden away in the black material. the deep breaths were an indication the elder was asleep, but jungkook still was careful.

"hyung," he murmured gently, taking tiny steps forwards and pressing his hand against the elder's back. "hyung..."
yoongi groaned, shuffling a little and bringing his head out of his arms; his purple hair was messy, sticking up in all directions.

he looked at jungkook with half-asleep eyes, a somewhat sickly glaze over his dark mahogany irises. jungkook stared down at him in concern, noticing how pale he was and how tired he looked.

"jungkook... what are you doing here?" yoongi's voice was hoarse and weak, a slight tremor vibrating through it. "hyung, are you feeling okay?"
the shortest bobbed his head in response, laying his head back on his arms.

jungkook ever so gently placed a hand on yoongi's forehead; the skin was sticky, and extremely hot. the youngest hissed through his teeth, gradually removing his hand.

"hyung, you're sick." he said softly, his other hand starting to move comfortingly on yoongi's back. "no, m'not..."
yoongi closed his eyes again, enjoying the barely-even-there touch of jungkook's hands on his shirt.

then the warm feeling was gone and jungkook had disappeared. yoongi didn't bother opening his eyes. he was tired, so so tired...

jungkook returned a few minutes later, yoongi forcing his eyes open to stare at the youngest; he smiled down gently at the shorter, murmuring, "can you open your mouth for me, hyung?"

yoongi complied, opening his mouth and feeling something cold and heavy rest on top of his tongue. a small beep sounded and the object was taken out, jungkook staring at the thermometer with wide eyes.

"shit, hyung! you need to get some sleep and some medicine."
yoongi shook his head feebly, whispering out a no. "hyungie, you're almost fourty degrees."

yoongi felt jungkook's arms sweep under his thighs and then he was in the air, eyes focused on jungkook's face. the youngest looked concerned, worry pulling the skin on his face tight. yoongi couldn't keep his eyes open any longer and his eyelids glid shut.

jungkook placed yoongi gently on his bed, noticing the placid look on his face and his parted baby pink lips. the youngest leaned down, pressing a kiss to his forehead and only feeling the clammy heat of his skin.

the youngest rushed out of the room after this, his bare feet hitting the cold wood of the dorm hallway. "hyungs!" he called out, and silence was his response. "hyungs!!" he tried again, urgency now lacing his voice.

suddenly taehyung appeared in his peripheral vision, jin and hoseok following. jungkook sighed in relief, "where's the fever medicine?"
jin frowned, eyeing him carefully, "it's in the bathroom, top cabinet to the left. why-"

jungkook was shooting off before the eldest could finish his sentence, practically teleporting into the bathroom and jogging out with the pills. "jungkook, what are yo-"
the youngest turned into his room, the three boys following curiously.

"hey, honey..." jungkook was sat next to a sleeping yoongi, slowly rubbing up and down his arm, "i need you to wake up for me."
the three sat on jungkook's bed, a slight creak sounding from the springs.

yoongi's eyes fluttered open, locking onto jungkook's face and smiling weakly. jungkook grabbed the bottle of water on yoongi's night table and popped out two pills into his hands, smiling reassuringly.

the shortest shook his head, groaning and sitting up, "m'not sick."
"hyung, please..."
"i don't need it. not sick."
jungkook exhaled, exasperation written all over his handsome face.

"hyung, please. i don't wanna have to take you to hospital if your fever gets any worse!"
yoongi's eyes awakened a little bit, the glaze over them reducing the smallest amount. "i'm that bad?"

jungkook nodded, and yoongi was surprised to see tears shining in his eyes. "okay, kook. i'll take them, don't cry..."
yoongi extended his hands out, jungkook dropping the pills into them and opening his bottle of water.

yoongi shoved both of the pills in his mouth at once, taking hold of his water and letting the liquid refresh his dry throat. he shivered when the pills went down, closing the bottle and putting it back on his night table.

"thank you, hyungie. i might have panicked..."
yoongi nodded, still not fully registering his actions. he grabbed jungkook by the arms, pulling him down so they were lying adjacent to each other.

the youngest blushed, not realising there were eyes on them. jin nudged hoseok, getting up and gesturing for the pair to leave the room. they did, the door closing with the slightest click.

yoongi closed his eyes again, jungkook wriggling out of his grip, "hyungie, sleep okay? i'll be right here the entire time... i don't want you getting too hot, especially with a fever."

yoongi nodded sluggishly, hair spread out across his fluffy pillow and blanket kicked down to his feet. his sweatpants rode up at his ankles, revealing his snow-white skin. "too hot..." he whined, sitting up to pull his hoodie off and throw it on the floor.

jungkook stood up, padding over to the window and pushing it open wide; the sounds of traffic and people filled the room. yoongi's skin was covered in a thin sheen of sweat.

jungkook walked back over, watching yoongi's eyes slide shut and his breathing even out. "please get better soon, hyungie..." he muttered quietly, hoping the elder didn't hear him.

jungkook knew yoongi hadn't been eating, hadn't been sleeping or drinking. he knew how hard the elder worked, but he needed to take longer breaks. he was overworking himself too much.

the youngest settled down on the end of the bed with a sigh, eyes glued to the tiny figure before him.

jungkook intertwined his hands on his lap, eyes never leaving his sleeping form. yoongi had to get better, he had to.

jungkook would just have to figure out a way to make him happy and keep him that way.

and so the youngest started to think.

a.n: is it bad that I hate this chapter