•발•

"what's your sexuality?"

yoongi froze, body tensing as if solidified iron coursed through his veins. "taehyung!" jin called sharply, eyes gluing to yoongi worriedly.

"i guess i'm doing your chores." yoongi mumbled coldly, before pushing himself off of the couch cushions and making his way out of the room.

jungkook sat motionless, eyes staring taehyung down. "why would you ask that, tae?" jimin asked gently, standing up from the armchair and settling down next to the aqua-haired male.

taehyung looked down guiltily at his hands, feeling jimin's hand rub up and down slowly on his back. for a moment the only sound in the room was their soft breathing and the noises of friction against his shirt.

jin stood up too, footsteps light as he sat on the other side of taehyung. jungkook still hadn't moved, dark eyes locked onto taehyung's face and brows furrowed. "i'm sorry... i was just curious and i didn't know it would..."

taehyung trailed off, his sentence hanging in the air. jungkook stood up abruptly, slowly walking over and crouching in front of his hyung. "don't blame yourself, taetae-hyung. he can be really unpredictable."

taehyung lifted his head to lock eyes with jungkook's, seeing the warm emotion that lurked behind them. the youngest smiled, white teeth peeking out from his pink lips; taehyung's lips perked up a tiny bit too, at the corners.

"i'm gonna go check on him, okay?" jungkook gradually straightened his legs out, pulling up his grey sweatpants a little. "wait." jimin called out, making jungkook turn back around with confusion on his face.

"i'm sorry for trying to get under your skin." he muttered, eyes sincere and jungkook nodded. jin watched these interactions carefully, calling out, "look after him, yeah?"

the youngest swivelled around again, speed walking out of the room. yoongi would probably be back in his studio, he knew that. so he walked down that long corridor until he got to the elder's little hideout, footsteps echoing in the empty space.

jungkook lifted up his clenched fist and knocked twice, wood smooth and cold against his knuckles. when he got no response he knocked again, the door opening suddenly in his face.

yoongi stood on the other side, his hood now over his head and casting a shadow on his features. "can i come in, hyungie?"
the elder shrugged, stepping to the side and letting jungkook patter inside.

the door shut behind them and then they were alone.

"are you okay?"
yoongi nodded, eyes avoiding any contact with the taller. jungkook sighed, exasperated, taking a step forward and taking hold of yoongi's wrist.

the shorter finally dragged his eyes up to meet jungkook's face, the action seeming as if it took great effort and willpower. "he's sorry for what he asked."

yoongi felt the heat of jungkook's skin against his and tried to pull away, but the youngest was too strong; he mentally cursed all the time jungkook spent in the gym.

"it's okay." yoongi whispered, voice so small that jungkook had to strain to hear it. "i just don't want anyone knowing, that's all..."
jungkook smiled sympathetically, brushing his thumb against yoongi's fragile skin.

"if it makes you feel better, i'll tell you my sexuality."
yoongi frowned, wrinkles appearing between his eyebrows and eyes darkening. "no, kook. you don't have to."

jungkook shrugged, reaching his free hand up and brushing a strand of hair out of his face. "i want to."
yoongi exhaled gently, murmuring, "the reason i don't want to tell anyone is because... i don't wanna get judged."