•십사•

yoongi was a lot better the next day, walking and eating and drinking as if he hadn't been sick in the first place.

but something was wrong.

the other members had picked up on the chilly atmosphere between the pair, tension palpable in the air around them whenever they were close together.

take now, for instance.

yoongi was curled up on the sofa, blanket wrapped around his shoulders and swallowing him up completely, eyes slowly closing but forcing back open when they were fully shut.

jungkook was sat on the complete opposite side of the room, in the dark armchair, eyes watching concerned but his brain not acting on it.

jimin sat between the two, on the second sofa adjacent to jungkook; he scanned them both before squinting his eyes and observing them closely. yoongi had just forced his eyes back open, hand coming up to rub at his face.

his eyes switched target to jungkook; the youngest was watching with something resembling regret in his dark eyes, teeth biting on his blunt fingernails.

jimin coughed, making yoongi jump and jungkook shoot him a withering glare. "okay, i can't deal with this anymore."
the pink haired boy's voice was irritated, but also, deep down, worried. he didn't know what had gone on between them but he wanted them to fix it.

jungkook's eyes darkened, moving to focus on the shorter. yoongi didn't move, eyes closing once more and he almost fell into the soft cushions of the couch.

the eldest then finally focused on jimin's face, tired and grumpy. "i don't know what y'all argued about and i honestly don't care, but the atmosphere in here is colder than a polar bears ass and i don't wanna have to deal with that."

yoongi blinked sluggishly, jungkook going to rub the back of his neck. jimin wasn't done, so continued, "i know you're both going through a rough spot and that exactly why i'm saying this. you need each other, whether you like it or not."

yoongi's eyes trailed over to jungkook, flitting away as if they had never even looked at him in the first place. "please, guys. this little lover's quarrel of yours isn't the first and it won't be the last, but is it really the time-"

"it wasn't a lovers quarrel." jungkook stated bluntly, a slight blush tinting his cheeks. yoongi glanced at jungkook again, a tiny glimpse of hope in his eyes.

"sure it wasn't. now, i'm gonna go and by the time i come back you two are gonna be all lovey-dovey again. understand?"

when he got small nods he exited the room, glancing back one final time before closing the door and his footsteps faded away into nothingness.

jungkook immediately locked eyes with yoongi, watching the blonde's hand creep up to fiddle with his ear. "hyung, i'm sorry for snapping at you okay? i never meant to hurt you."

yoongi shrugged, breaking the eye contact to snuggle his face into the blanket. "please, hyung. just let me apologise-"
"shut up."
the bluntness of yoongi's statement made jungkook's eyes widen, eyebrows raising.

"hon, have i done something wrong-"
"no, i'm sorry..."
yoongi's voice was suddenly meek, vulnerable, a slight tremor behind his tiny words. "hey, hyungie..."

jungkook stood up, plodding over and settling down next to yoongi. he brought him into his arms gently, stroking his hair and kissing his forehead. "i'm sorry, i'm sorry..."

jungkook frowned, noticing how yoongi buried his face into his shirt and almost tried to shrink into himself; "what are you sorry for, honey?"
the shortest said nothing, instead shoving his left wrist towards jungkook and sniffing.

the youngest eyed him carefully before lifting up the black hoodie, face morphing into a distraught expression when he saw.

yoongi's wrist was covered in fresh bandages.

"oh, honey..."
jungkook rolled his sleeve down swiftly, bringing him back into his arms and tightly squeezing him to his chest; their combined heartbeats provided extra warmth and comfort to each other.

"i didn't know what i was doing and i just felt so bad and i realised after i'd cut that i'd let you down and-"
"shh..."
jungkook tilted yoongi's head up with his forefinger, staring deep into his eyes.

yoongi blushed the slightest but his eyes teared up, diamonds gathering on his waterline and threatening to spill down his pretty face. jungkook noticed this and smiled gently, features reassuring.

"how many, honey?"
"m-more than last time..."
jungkook sighed, hand coming to cup yoongi's cheek. "i'm sorry i wasn't there for you, hyungie."
"it's not your fault, it's mine!"

jimin entered the room again then, smirking when he saw the pair cuddled up on the sofa together. jungkook glared at him, but jimin noticed the white peeking out from under yoongi's shirt.

"hey, hyung, what's that?"
jimin stepped forward and went to grab at yoongi's sleeve, jungkook pushing him away and muttering, "they're still sensitive, jiminie-hyung."

jimin's eyes widened, bottom lip drawing into a frown and the edge of his eyebrows almost touching his nose. "do you mean-"
"i cut again, jimin. happy?"
yoongi let a few tears drip excruciatingly down his cheeks, jungkook exhaling and wiping them away.

the rose haired boy watched him carefully, eyes sympathetic but cautious. "it's okay, hyungie. i just wish you'd told me sooner."
jimin chuckled sadly, starting to back away with tiny steps, "i'll give you two some privacy."

jimin backed out of the room, jungkook instantly turning his full attention back to yoongi. the shortest was shaking slightly, eyes closed and nose sniffy; jungkook rubbed up and down his back, hearing him let out a tiny hum and seeing his entire body relax.

the youngest took hold of his wrist once more, pressing a gentle kiss to it through his sleeve- a small reminder that he was there, that yoongi could trust him. he then let go of his hand, watching yoongi lean forward into his arms.

jungkook changed their position so that he was lying back on the sofa, back pressed against the pillows, yoongi's head resting just above where his heartbeat was. he wrapped his buff arms around yoongi's frail shoulders, smiling when yoongi's lips perked up into a tiny grin.

he gathered the blanket and gently placed it over them both, swallowing them under a warm mass.

yoongi let out a barely-there hum, murmuring a thank you before his head dropped further into jungkook's broader body and he fell deep into sleep.

jungkook just gazed at him for a while, wondering what the burning feeling inside his ribcage was.

it couldn't be love.

could it?

a.n: woo new update this is probably terrible but thank you so much for 400 reads! ^ - ^