•육•

yoongi had just stepped out shower, hair slightly damp and body covered in water droplets. he grabbed a towel, feeling the soft fibres under his hands, drying himself off. he pulled on his boxers and a pair of sweatpants.

after tugging on an oversized hoodie he checked his phone; 5:21 pm. he had been in his studio all day, he suddenly realised.

a notification popped up with a small ding, yoongi swiping across the screen to access it. it was a report, he noticed, and it was about him.

the site had an image, one of the pair when they went out and ate lamb skewers. jungkook was holding yoongi's pinkie finger with his own.

the actual text underneath wasn't bad, just noticing their closeness and mentioning a relationship. yoongi could live with that.

the comments were far worse.

so many people called him a slut, whore, saying he didn't deserve jungkook even though they had no proof. so many fan accounts were attacking him and he couldn't see any positive comments.

yoongi pushed the bathroom door open with his toe, plodding out of the room with his eyes glued to his phone.

jungkook and the others were sat downstairs, eyes being drawn to yoongi when he came down those stairs.

they noticed how his eyes were dark and stuck to his phone, cautiously exchanging glances. "nice shower, hyung?" taehyung asked carefully, words tentative as if he was stepping around a live mine field.

yoongi just nodded, freezing on the spot and putting his thumb on the screen. jungkook frowned; it had been a while since yoongi had completely shut them away, and he knew the elder would explode at any moment.

"yoongi-hyung, are you sur-"
yoongi's head snapped up and he marched over to jungkook, shoving the phone is his face and spitting "have you read this?!"
"yes, i have-"

yoongi's eyes were on fire with rage, but deep down he was just hurt. "it came out this morning!"
"i know-"
yoongi swivelled around to face the others, "you all knew too, huh? but decided to keep it from the one person it's actually about!"

jungkook stood up, gently taking yoongi's hand and making him swivel around again. he wrenched his hand out his grip, dropping his phone on one of the couches. "i'm known as the whore of the group now. just some slut who wants to sleep with the members."

he locked eyes with jungkook, "do you know how much that hurts?!"
"hyung, plea-"
yoongi chuckled, a cold sound filled with self hatred and doubt, and jungkook fell silent.

"i knew it was a mistake going out with you. i knew it."
yoongi sniffed, tears welling up in his eyes and he started to weep crystal tears.

"i'm not actually mad at you," he murmured, voice thick with emotion and tears, "i'm mad at them."
then he careered into jungkook's shirt, burying his face in it and sobbing.

"hyung, all those people are twats who are hiding behind a screen. none of what they said is true."
jungkook stroked yoongi's slightly damp grey-purple locks gently, resting his chin on top of the shorter's head

yoongi tried to calm down, he really did, but the hurt he was feeling was like a knife to his heart. he couldn't get over them that quickly.

"you're having a pretty bad couple of days, aren't you?" jungkook asked gently, watching yoongi tilt his head up to face him and feeling warm breath on his cheek.

jungkook used his thumb to catch any spare tears, wiping them away with such gentleness that yoongi felt like porcelain in his hands. "s-sorry, everyone..."
"it's no problem, yoongles. it's our fault for not telling you earlier." jin replied softly.

yoongi felt a pair of arms wrap around him again, then another, then another, until all of the boys were hugging him, the shortest right in the center.

he smiled a little and closed his eyes, feeling the sobs subside and his breathing slow. he could hear the combined sound of all their heartbeats, head lolling forward to rest on jungkook's chest; a sudden wave of tiredness washed over him.

the youngest looked at yoongi with careful eyes, murmuring, "hey, hyung, you okay?"
yoongi nodded sluggishly, leaning forward and closing his eyes.

"you should get some sleep, yoongi-hyung." taehyung murmured softly. yoongi felt the body heat of all the boys suddenly dissipate; he lifted his head up, eyes slowly forcing open. then he closed his eyes again.

"hey, yoongles, go take a nap. we'll make dinner and jungkook can wake you up when we eat, okay?"

yoongi nodded and felt the ground disappear beneath his feet. the next thing he knew he was hitting his mattress, duvet tucked around him.

he felt jungkook's warm lips against his forehead before the darkness of sleep pulled him into its hold.

a.n: this was soooo badddd :/