•삼십삼•

jungkook had just gotten out of the shower, hair damp and body covered in tiny water droplets. they weren't extremely late, they had about twenty minutes to leave before management would kill them both.

jungkook slipped on his outfit of the day; baggy blue jeans, a loose white t-shirt and tan-coloured timberlands, exactly how he used to dress a few years ago. he wanted to revisit the style, to see just how different he had become over the years.

the youngest emerged out of the bathroom after styling his shiny hair, finding yoongi standing in front of the mirror. he had an oversized white shirt and skinny black jeans on, hoop earrings hanging from two of his piercings in each ear.

when yoongi noticed jungkook had come out he asked, "do i look pretty, kook?"
jungkook was taken aback by the sudden question but nodded without hesitation- he really did look pretty, angelic almost.

"of course, baby."
yoongi looked himself up and down in the mirror with a look of disdain, "maybe i should change..."
jungkook came up behind yoongi and wrapped his arms around the back of his torso, chin resting on his shoulder.

"you look perfect, babe."
yoongi titled his chin from side to side in the mirror, his dyed light brown hair falling in front of his eyes, inspecting the sharp bone, "i should go on a diet again, i'm getting fat."
jungkook frowned at him, kissing his neck like he had done a few minutes earlier.

"you don't need to go on a diet, angel, you look perfectly fine as it is."
he could tell yoongi wasn't really listening, eyes trained to his reflection in the mirror. after a minute or so of silence yoongi muttered, "i think i'm gonna change."

jungkook sighed, pulling yoongi backwards so he collided into his chest; the shorter didn't budge, eyes never trailing from the reflection of himself in the mirror. "babe, we're just going to rehearse. you don't need to look like a model."
yoongi finally acknowledged his existence, locking eyes with the reflection of his boyfriend.

"i don't look like a model anyway, kookie."
"yes, you do. you look so beautiful without even trying."
yoongi exhaled, shrugging jungkook's arms off and going over to his suitcase.

he started rummaging through it, searching for another change of clothes; jungkook didn't know what had gotten into him all of a sudden. he knew that yoongi never saw himself in the best light, but it would take a build-up for him to suddenly think this way right?

yoongi kept looking, but eventually straightened up empty handed, eyes shiny. "yoongi-hyung..."
"maybe i should put some make-up on..."
jungkook grabbed him by the hand, stopping him in his tracks.

jungkook swivelled him around to face him, staring at yoongi dead-on in the eyes. "babe, you look fine. what's triggered this, hmm?"
yoongi's eyes flickered down to the floor, feet shuffling together in something resembling shame.

"what is it? you can talk to me, you know that."
yoongi stayed silent, trying to tug himself free from jungkook's hold. "you can trust me babe, you know that? i'll never abandon you or let you down."

yoongi pouted, murmuring, "you make me feel so nice, kookie..."
"i know, angel, i try."
yoongi looked like he was going to say something else but stopped himself, mouth firmly shut. "i know you have issues with the way you look, baby, but i promise you you look absolutely beautiful."

the shorter leant forward onto jungkook's chest, muttering, "i'm so stressed, kookie..."
"i know you are, angel, we all are."
yoongi hesitated, before tentatively saying, "i almost considered, um..."
jungkook knew what he was going to say before his phrase was finished, squeezing him tightly.

jungkook patiently waited for him to finish his sentence, hoping against god that yoongi wasn't getting bad again. he dreaded having to deal with yoongi again, because it pained him to see the elder that way. "i... wanted to cut myself..."
the youngest kissed him on the forehead, tensing his jaw.

"i'm sorry, sweetheart, you don't deserve to feel that way."
yoongi nodded into his shirt, inhaling the familiar scent of his boyfriend. jungkook gazed down at him, watching the shorter pull out of his embrace and murmur, "i'm not pretty, am i, kookie..."

jungkook shook his head adamantly, lacing their fingers together tightly, "you're not just pretty, babe, you're angelic."
yoongi shook his head, and jungkook's could tell he genuinely believed his thoughts, "babe please, i love you so much and it's killing me to see that you don't love yourself."

yoongi muttered out an apology, head angled down towards his feet. "don't say sorry, angel. i just wish you could love yourself as much as i love you."
the shorter pouted, murmuring softly, "i never have loved myself, kookie."
"i know you haven't, babe, but can you try for me?"

jungkook's other hand trailed to his back pockets and slid into the left one, feeling the black velvet box of the engagement ring against his fingertips. he had bought it about three weeks ago, and had been carrying it around ever since, but he hadn't found the right moment to propose. now was probably the worst time, so he removed his hand from the box and instead grabbed yoongi's free hand.

"it's just that... i look at all of you and i think 'wow, he looks like he belongs here'. then i look at myself in the mirror and i wonder, how the fuck did i get through?"
jungkook's smiled sympathetically at him, pulling him in by the waist and tilting his chin up with the tip of his index finger.

jungkook kissed him so gently that yoongi almost teared up; the youngest was so so careful with him, making him feel loved and needed without even trying. jungkook noticed the trembling in his lips and let out a tiny breath, kissing him again, pulling away the tiniest amount. their lips brushed as he murmured, "everything about you is beautiful, my angel."

yoongi blushed a cute pink, feeling jungkook's lips lay on his nose, "this is beautiful."
his lips trailed down to his cheek, leaving tingles in their wake, "so is this."
jungkook kissed around the curve of his jaw, hands locking around his waist, "and this."

and so he continued, until every part of yoongi's exposed skin had been kissed. the elder was giggling by the end of it, bright red and flustered. it took jungkook a while to realise his phone was vibrating, so the couple left in a hurried rush with their hands linked together.

and if he had left a little hickey just under the neck of yoongi's shirt, then no one would be the wiser.

a.n: 2-3 more chapters until the book is over :)