•이십칠•

jungkook was jerked into consciousness by a piercing jingling sound, three repetitive notes looping over and over. it took him a while to focus on the noise, eyes bleary and still blurry with sleep, before he realised it was his alarm.

he sat up sluggishly, finger prodding the screen of his phone on the night table, flopping back onto the comfy hotel bed after snoozing it. it should be a crime for management to make him wake up this early, he mentally complained to himself, hand coming to rest over his face.

his eyes were sore, and he was sure that they had huge black circles under them. nothing a little make-up can't fix, not that he particularly cared.

his alarm went off again and he sat up fully to turn it off, groaning as he checked the time; five forty a.m. he ran his fingers through his smooth hair, throwing off his covers and planting his feet on the floor.

after about thirty minutes he was ready; black hoodie and comfy ripped skinny jeans, silver hoop earrings hanging from both of his ears and a tiny amount of make-up under his eyes to hide the dark circles. his hair was styled, not too perfect but not too messy.

he grabbed his phone swiftly, unplugging the charger and pocketing the device in his jeans. okay, he had about five minutes before management would thrash his ass for being late.

he sighed, going over to his open suitcase and grabbing his headphones from the smaller bag lying next to it; the venue was about an hour and a half away, and he wouldn't be able to survive the journey without music.

jungkook shoved the white wires into his hoodie pocket, slipping on his shoes and checking one last time around the room. yeah, he had everything- lip balm, phone, headphones, credit card- he could leave.

the youngest pulled open his door quietly, stepping out into the flashy hotel corridors and checking his texts. their manager had told them to meet him outside of the building. he guessed the others were already there. i jimin today, he joked to himself.

he travelled smoothly down the stairs, bowing to the hotel staff and watching the automatic doors slide open before him. their car was waiting there, shiny black with grey-tinted windows, door open. the other members were sat inside; he was the only one missing.

sejin, their wonderful manager, was holding the car door open for him, "okay, get in. we have a long day ahead of us."
the youngest complied, sliding into the cool leather seats and buckling himself in; yoongi was sat behind him, next to taehyung and namjoon.

hoseok was sat in front, leaving jungkook next to jimin and jin. "morning." he muttered as he adjusted his seat belt, pulling him phone out from the pocket in his jeans and laying it on his lap. "morning, kookie."

the car rumbled to life, sejin at the wheel, lurching forward and immediately setting a steady pace. jungkook could see the empty street racing past; the sun was just starting to peek over the high-rise buildings.

he felt eyes boring into the back of his head and turned around, finding namjoon staring at the back of his head with concerned eyes. jungkook just smiled at him, a tiny sign that he was okay, glancing at yoongi lovingly before turning back around.

he felt a weight on his shoulder- jimin had just rested his head there, eyes closed, pink hair spread out brightly over the sobre colour of jungkook's black hoodie. "you're a good pillow, kook."
jungkook chuckled to himself, "i don't know whether to take that as a compliment or as an insult."

jimin shrugged, tired smile working it's way onto his face, "you choose."
jungkook rolled his eyes at his hyung, smiling himself, pulling out his headphones. they were knotted in a tight circle and he groaned to himself, fingers setting to work to untangle the wires. after he was done he plugged them into his phone.

he offered one to jimin, which the elder gladly took, after opening his eyes, resting them into his ears. "any preference?" jungkook asked, jimin shaking his head. "don't give a shit."
jungkook clicked onto spotify, choosing to play wish you were gay by billie eillish. jimin nodded approvingly at his song choice, eyes drifting shut again.

the rest of the drive was peaceful, jimin staying on jungkook's shoulder, headphone wire suspended between both of them.

when they arrived at the concert venue jungkook's jaw dropped; it was huge, actually massive. how did they sell out a stadium with this many people? the youngest glanced around at the others, and they all looked the same.

all except yoongi.

yoongi's jaw was set, eyes dark, staring straight at the structure they had parked in front of. he set off before all of them, head down, letting management usher him through the backstage.

jungkook followed him attentively, hoseok right by his side. yoongi was stood right in the center of the stage, hands covering his mouth as he turned in a slow circle to observe every inch of the stadium.

the other members had caught up to them now, all of them carefully watching yoongi's reactions. all of them were in awe of the place, but yoongi's reaction didn't seem like amazement; it resembled fear, and that wasn't a good thing.

yoongi seemed tense, shoulders almost up to his ears, hands slowly retracting from his pretty lips. "how are we gonna make this many people happy?"

the sudden question was full of doubt, jungkook reaching out and pulling the shorter into the crook of his shoulder. "we're gonna try our best, that's how."
"but what if they don't all like us? or the new songs, or the album-"

"babe, don't start stressing over the little things again. you can't ever make everyone happy, as hard as you try."
yoongi tore his gaze away from all the empty seats, locking eyes with jungkook; the dark orbs were filled with doubt and pure fear.

"but-"
"it'll be okay, yoongi." this was jin speaking now, "as long as the army are satisfied."
yoongi nodded slowly, straightening up. his eyes were filled with a new-found hope, a kindling confidence.

"okay. let's get this over with."

yoongi grabbed jungkook's hand and squeezed it tightly before slipping backstage, going to ask the managers when they would eat breakfast.

jungkook was so, so proud of how far yoongi had come. the elder used to have panic attacks just thinking about performing in front of people, but now here he was, part of the biggest boy band in the world, pushing down his fears to please others.

jungkook turned around too, smiling at the others before following yoongi backstage as well. he ignored namjoon's gaze once more.

he wasn't scared about proposing to yoongi anymore. he had noticed just how much the elder did love him, and how much he himself loved yoongi. rejection would always have to be a risk, but he was willing to take it.

for yoongi, he would give up the world.

a.n: wooooaaahhh 6.6k reads?! I LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH THANK YOU 💜💜💜