•이십사•

jungkook was awake before the sun rose the next day, for a reason he did not know. his brain was working overdrive with thoughts, emotions, the adrenaline of their new album release pumping through his veins like gasoline.

he didn't notice when the amber light of the sun started peeking through the dark curtains, sending thin rays of light and casting shadows over the darker corners of the room.

his eyes were fixed onto yoongi's slumbering form, pressed close into his chest, deep breaths leaving his pink lips. jungkook just watched his boyfriend; he didn't care if he looked like a creep doing it.

eventually yoongi started to stir, legs entangling with jungkook's as he let out a light whine. jungkook let out an airy chuckle, his hand creeping up to stroke yoongi's hair. yoongi just shuffled into a more comfortable positon, head laying on jungkook's bicep.

"morning, babe." jungkook murmured, kissing yoongi on the nose, making the elder scrunch it up in an adorable manner. yoongi just grunted in reply, placing his hands on the base of jungkook's stomach, feeling around the rock-hard muscle of his abdomen.

the youngest just observed his movements, a smile gracing his lips and hand continuously stroking his hair; yoongi stopped all action, hands staying flat against jungkook's abs as he forced his eyes open. "you need to lay off of the donuts." yoongi muttered, tone light and joking, eyes crinkling at the edges.

"shut up..."
yoongi smiled up at him, eyes still half asleep, pupils retracting to focus on his head. "happily."
yoongi pressed his face once more into jungkook's bare torso, pressing a kiss to his collar bone.

"my baby boy, hmm?" jungkook hummed out, tone warm and his fingers ghosting down yoongi's spine to rest at the bottom of his back. yoongi's face heated up, teeth nibbling his bottom lip, flushing a tender red.

"my beautiful hyung," jungkook continued, fingers drawing tiny circles on yoongi's thin t-shirt, "my perfect little angel."
yoongi flushed more, hiding away in his boyfriends' chest and prodding jungkook in the abs with his fingertips.

"i love you so much, babe, so much. words don't even start to equivilate."
yoongi smiled, eyes closing again as he kissed jungkook on the collarbone again. "love you too."
yoongi exhaled gently, "you're my whole world, jungkook."

the youngest smiled, eyes twinkling with joy and lips pulled into his bunny smile. yoongi shuffled, gripping him slightly tighter and letting jungkook continue to draw on his back.

a soft silence engulfed them like a blanket, jungkook's eyes fluttering shut unwillingly and his hands seizing their movement to lock around the smaller's waist. the heat of their bodies was lulling his mind back to sleep.

yoongi pushed himself away from jungkook, making the taller's eyes slide smoothly open and lock onto his face. "babe?"
yoongi's face was covered in shadow, eyes hooded and dark. "we have to pack, kook. it's almost ten and-"

jungkook cut him off, "what's going on in that head of yours, hmm?"
yoongi clenched his jaw, shaking his head and sitting up; the sudden drop in mood was apparent, and jungkook had a vague idea why.

"is it because of the album, babe? is that what's worrying you?"
yoongi turned his back on jungkook, slumping down and putting his head in his hands. he kept his mouth firmly shut. "i know how you get when the albums are released. you worry constantly that they aren't good enough."

jungkook sat up too, shuffling over to yoongi and placing himself next to the shortest. he snaked an arm over his shoulders, pulling him into the crook of his body and feeling yoongi straighten up; he rested his head on jungkook's shoulder. the youngest leaned his own on top of yoongi's, starting to brush his shoulder with the pad of his thumb.

"you focus on the comments that are bad, but you forget about all the positive ones. your album is great, yoongi-hyung, you just need to realise it."

yoongi brought himself closer to jungkook, breaths deep and body slotting perfectly into his lovers. "but, it almost got scrapped-"
"yeah, it almost did. but it didn't. that's all that matters, okay?"

jungkook felt yoongi nod, positioning himself so he could see the elder's face; yoongi sat, facing him, expression tense and eyes shiny. "come on, babe, let me see that smile i love so much."

yoongi shook his head, eyes breaking contact to stare down at his lap. "baby, please believe me. everything about your work is good enough, as are you. don't let some assholes get you down just because they're jealous, alright?"

jungkook tilted yoongi's head up with his forefinger, bringing himself in closer and connecting their lips together. it wasn't heated, nor passionate, just lips against lips, to remind yoongi that he would always be there for him.

yoongi pulled away, keeping their faces close together and leaning his forehead onto jungkook's; he spoke, quiet and raspy, "i feel like i'm on a seesaw, kook."
jungkook nodded, letting yoongi continue, "i can't ever be happy, not for long. my emotions are always up and down, up and down, all day every day."

the taller exhaled softly, kissing yoongi on the nose, staying silent, "kookie, am i broken?"
jungkook looked up into his eyes, dark irises searching deep into those pools of chocolate; they were serious, but warm. "no, hyung, you're not broken."

"don't ever think that you are. just because you feel things differently to me or the other members, that doesn't mean you're broken."
jungkook smiled, and yoongi shakily returned it. "thanks, kook."
the youngest nodded, kissing yoongi on the nose again.

"i know why you wrote seesaw now, hyung. i always knew that it had a deeper meaning..."
yoongi smiled, widely, his gummy smile on full show and jungkook's heart exploded; "yeah, it means a lot to me."

yoongi shook himself off, smile settling into a tranquil line, lips pursing to peck jungkook on his own. "i love you, kookie."
"i love you too, angel."

jungkook's stomach growled, a gurgle that rose into the silence that filled the room. yoongi giggled, biting his lip briefly before lacing his fingers through jungkook's, "let's go eat, kook, i think your stomach needs it."

the youngest rolled his eyes fondly, letting yoongi drag him out of the room with a smile on his face.

a.n: first update of 2020 :)
and has ANYONE ELSE SEEN INTERLUDE:SHADOW OR IS IT JUST ME LIKE SLAYYYY YOONGAYYYY