Depressed!Zamasu x Reader: The Last Breath

Song: The Last Breath by Delain

(Listen to the song while you read)

(Y/N)'s POV

'Hey, are you in there?
Don't you remember me,
Your oldest friend
Are you in there?
Don't you remember
How I've always been
The one who cared
When no one else did'

"Zamasu?" I called his named as I knocked on our bedroom door. He's been cooped up in there for days now and I'm starting to worry about him. He doesn't come out of the room unless to get tea and that's it, he won't even talk to me, when I get a chance to his face he has this sadness in his gray eyes and it's breaking my heart to see him like this, I'm his friend since we were kids and I've always cared about him just like he cared for me. 

'Hey, are you aching
You used to turn to me
When you were down
Are you breaking?
You can still trust in me
To turn it all around
And calm you down
Just remember we're a team'

"Zamasu please talk to me, you know I'm here for you...always." I heard shuffling on the other side of the door, indicating that he moved off the bed. He opened the door just a crack and I could his emotionless eye.

"What do you want (Y/N)?" 

"Are you aching Zamasu?"

"....I'm fine (Y/N)." He walked away from the door and sat back down on the side of the bed looking down at the floor. I entered our room and closed the door looking at him with a serious expression upon my face.

"You're breaking Zamasu, don't lie to me." He didn't say anything as he continued to look away from me, I sat down beside him and held his hand in mine.

"You can trust me Zamasu, I'm here to help you, please don't shut me out anymore."

'How do you feel?
I don't...
How do you know?
You won't...
To let go of you
I will try
Until my last breath'

 To let go of you I will try Until my last breath'

Zamasu's head turned towards me and I could see tears falling freely from them, no signs of them stopping. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close to me, letting him vent out all his pain and sorrows.

"H-how did you k-know?....."

'How do you feel?
I don't...
How do you know?
You won't...
To let go
I promise I will fight'