IX. NATE -THE PUNCHING BAG

Chapter: 9:-Nate-the punching bag.

"You can't do that, its not fair!" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What's not fair, is that you ran away from me yesterday and as a compensation, either you come with me or I take Aaron for the day." Lukas smirked.

We were currently having an argument over who takes the baby home. School was over and Lukas was thankfully back to normal after the PSG incident.

Megan and Sam who were partners for the baby were standing there waiting for the argument to finish so that we could pick up the babies from the nursery, and as for Ethan and his partner, they were nowhere in sight.

I sighed.

I obviously can't fight him. I mean looking at his musceles and strongly build body, it's sure that he daily works out.

Brain: Girl! Take that offer. We could spy at his home for more clues.

"Fine, but I am only coming there for Aaron."

And for some more bloody clues to reveal your deepest, darkest secrets.

Brain: don't be overdramatic.

I finally gave in and he smirked at me, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I can't wait for you and me to be alone." He stepped towards me, eyes darkening with an emotion I could not place, or rather not to dare place.

Oh my God!! Is he thinking of coming to his supernatural form and then planning to hunt me down for dinner?!

I averted my eyes from him, shivering at the look he was giving me and ran towards Megan and Sam who were making their way towards the nursery to pick the babies up.

We entered the nursery and greeted Martha, the caretaker of the nursery.

I smile as soon as I saw Aaron and rushed towards him.

"I missed you baby," I carried him in my arms and he giggled, waving his arms at me.

I looked towards Megan who was carrying a cute baby girl.

But what I found Strange was that Sam was maintaining her distance to the baby and was slightly pale.

I carried Aaron and made my way towards them.

"Is everything okay Sam?" I asked her with concern.

What happened to her?
She is usually the cheerful girl of the group.

"Y-yeah, I am fine, I will go home now. I will meet you guys tomorrow. Bye!" She practically ran outside the nursery.

I looked at Megan.

She just shrugged as we looked at her retreating figure, still puzzled by her strange behavior.

She must be feeling unwell.

We then made our way outside the nursery with the babies in our arms. They were constantly babbling something looking at each other.

Aww I think little Aaron has a crush!

"What's her name?" I asked Megan while adjusting Aaron in my arms so he could babble more easily about his undying love towards the cute baby girl.

"Ava, and I think she has a little crush on our Aaron there."

We looked at Aaron who was still babbling something to Ava and then we turned our head to Ava who was blushing!