Chapter Twenty

Heya guys here's the last chapter of the story, I want to say thank you to everyone who's read this story and enjoyed reading it just as much as I've enjoyed writing it. 

Zayn's Pov:

Me and Niall are engaged! Were getting married! I get to call Niall my husband! I honestly couldn't be happier right now. I've been constantly pinching myself trying to make sure this is all real, Making sure I'm not dreaming. I keep looking down at the engagement ring as if afraid it's going to disappear. News spread pretty quickly about the engagement, Pretty soon we were on the cover of every newspaper and magazine. We were all over the Internet, And there was trend after trend on twitter it was absolutely crazy. The fans were so supportive they were giving message after message of congratulations. I smiled to myself as I once again looked down at my ring.

"It's not going to vanish Zayn" Niall stated as he walked into the room.

"I know, But I just can't believe it's real" I replied smiling at him, Niall shook his head before beginning to style his hair. 

"I can assure you it's real babe, Now get ready we have an interview to get to" Niall replied, I groaned before climbing out of bed and making my way over to Niall. I gave him a quick kiss before going to get ready. While I was getting ready I kept glancing at my ring with a massive smile on my face, Could things get any better? 

Today we were doing a radio interview to talk about the tour, Future plans and of course mine and Niall's engagement. Radio interviews wern't as good as normal ones. Were not able to see our fans faces so it's not as enjoyable however we can keep them posted on what's going on, So I suppose it's not all bad.

"Boys welcome to the show" One of the presenters said as we all stuck our headphones on, We all said a quick hello as he thanked us for being on the show.

"Thank you for having us" Liam added politely.

"Well first of all welcome back and it's great to see you boys together again, First off I want to ask how does it feel being back?"

"It feels completely amazing, You know were all such good friends so it was easy for us to come back together and get into the old routine, Honestly it feels as though we've never been apart" Liam replied as we all nodded in agreement.

"Now has it shocked you how much the fans are dedicated to you? Even after all these years" 

"Definitely not, You know we've always had a supportive fan base and over the years that we've been gone that hasn't changed, They've followed each of us on the journeys we've taken away from the group, And there support has just remained the same we can't be more grateful to them for that" Louis explained.

"There as dedicated as ever" Harry added, The interviewer nodded before turning his attention to me and Niall.

"Now Zayn and Niall, You boys recently went public about your relationship that's been kept a secret for a number of years, And now your engaged, So how are you feeling?" He asked.

"Absolutely brilliant" Niall replied.

"Yeah were amazing! You know me and Niall have a long history together, We've been through so much good and bad but were still here and were as strong as ever. I've always known that Niall's the person I want to spend my life with, So now were engaged and it's the best feeling I've ever experienced" I explained, The interviewer then went on to ask various other questions while I kept a firm grip on Niall's hand. 

Our hectic schedule was proving difficult for myself and Niall to plan our wedding, So the first chance we got for a day off we took the time to plan our wedding. We both dropped down on my couch, Niall with a pen and paper in hand ready to start writing down ideas. 

"Small or big venue?" He asked. 

"Small, As long as I'm marrying you I don't need a massive wedding" I replied, Niall chuckled before writing down a few venues. 

"Who are we inviting?" He asked a few moments later.

"My family, Your family, The boys, And close friends?" I suggested, Niall nodded before writing a few names down. 

"The boys have to be best men" Niall stated.

"Agreed, It won't feel right having anyone else" I agreed with him. I then pulled out my phone to text the boys letting them know the good news, They probably already guessed that we would ask them but it's always nice to ask. 

"Where are we going to honeymoon? We have to book all that in advance" Niall said.

"Leave that to me" I replied smirking at him. Niall smiled before nodding his head.

"Wedding song?" He asked. I hummed for a few moments before a song came into my mind.

"I wanna grow old with you" I said smiling at him, Niall raised an eyebrow in confusion, Obviously he had never heard of the song. I chuckled.

"Trust me" I added, Niall nodded before writing the song down. 

After we planned basically the whole wedding from start to finish Niall's body collapsed into mine. I chuckled as I held him close to me. 

"I can't wait until were married" Niall said, I smiled before kissing his shoulder blade.

"Neither can I babe, I've dreamt about it for so long" I revealed.

"So have I, Now tell me the meaning behind the song you chose" Niall said as he cuddled closer to me. I sighed.

"The whole time we were apart, I never gave up hope that we would be together again, That song was the song that kept me strong, It was the one I dreamt of us dancing to the night of our wedding" I explained, Niall smiled before looking at me. 

"I'm thankful for the tour it brought us back together" Niall exclaimed. I nodded.

"Thank you Niall, For forgiving me, For giving me a second chance. But most importantly thank you for loving me again and trusting me with your heart" I said, Niall chuckled.

"I never stopped loving you Zayn, Not for one second, My heart has always belonged to you since the very start, And it always will, It beats for you nobody else" Niall explained, I smiled before kissing him gently, Niall then yawned causing me to chuckle.

"Go sleep baby" I whispered, Niall sighed before laying his head on my chest, Listening to my heartbeat.

"Sing to me" He whispered, I smiled before beginning to sing.

'But now I know how much it means for you to stay right here with me

The time we spend apart will make our love grow stronger 

But it hurts so bad I can't take it any longer

I wanna grow old with you, I wanna die lying in your arms

I wanna grow old with you, I wanna be looking in your eyes

I wanna be there for you, Sharing everything you do

I wanna grow old with you' 

I smiled as I looked down to see Niall's eyes closed and a small smile on his lips. I kissed him gently. Before pulling him even closer to me if it was even possible.

"I love you Niall" I whispered against his ear.

I never used to believe in second chances, I always thought they were for the weak. However when I lost Niall a second chance was all I wanted, I craved for it and I craved for him just like a drug. So when I got my second chance to make things right I held onto it tightly with both hands. I never thought I would be able to hold Niall in my arms again, Or tell him that I love him. But now I can, Now I'm going to marry the boy that I've always loved. All I can say is Niall took my dull, dark life and brought colour to it. He coloured my world in a way nobody ever could. The last thing I have to say is thank God for second chances.