Chapter Eight

Logan gained a feeling of stress and questions rush over him. He kept looking at Virgil, trying to keep his facial expression calm as he didn't want to make Virgil panicked too. The last thing Logan wanted to do was NOT help Virgil.

"I-I think Remus killed Damion, if that's what you're asking." Virgil said suddenly. Logan nodded, leaning back in his chair slightly.

"I think so too. Or at least, I don't think you killed him." Logan sat on his words for a second. "Do you mind if I ask who those men were in your cell that were beating you?"

"They also worked for Damion. We worked in the same division for a long time until they were promoted to a higher league." Virgil explained. His hair kept falling innocently over his eyes which he would push aside. Logan's heart couldn't help but flutter at his adorable nature.

"What division were you in?" Logan asked, putting his mindset back into a more professional setting.

"I was mainly a look out while the higher ranks actually robbed the building. I was also Damion's...uh. His plaything." Virgil choked out. Logan's face fell. He knew he was Damion 'plaything.' Virgil had said it the first time they met and it was hinted at it in his file. Logan just wished that it wasn't the truth.

Logan simply nodded, "That's what it said in your file. You've been admitted to the hospital several times."

"26."

"What?"

"I-I've been admitted to the hospital 26 times." Virgil said. Logan's mouth fell a jar. Logan had barely seen a hospital 26 times, let alone been in one. Logan shut his mouth and Virgil chuckled a little, "Most people are speechless."

"You carry quite a lot of baggage, don't you Virgil Black?" Logan asked, leaning back into the table. Virgil nodded with a cracked smile. Logan was really breaking through. "Your file also says you were, 'kidnapped by Damion.' What can you tell me about that?" Logan asked. Virgil froze and shrunk into his seat. His eyes met the floor, his hair fell over his face and he didn't try to move it.

"I don't want to talk about that." Virgil muttered. Logan could barely hear Virgil, but understood what he meant.

"Virgil, I need to know this information so I can help you."

"I-I'm sorry, I-I-I can't tell y-you." His stuttered became worse.

"You have to. Please Virgil, whatever happened is in the past. I can help you realize that."

"NO! You can't....I c-can't. Please, just...drop it!" Virgil begged. His eyes were dripping tears and his jaw was shut tight.

"DO YOU WANT HELP OR NOT!?" Logan shouted. Virgil's eyes locked with Logan's. Both of their faces read a shocked expression. Logan didn't mean to yell it just happened. It was only now Logan also noticed Virgil's uneven breaths and trembling body. "V-Virgil, I'm-" Logan couldn't even spit out his words before Virgil's eyes rolled back into his head and his dead weight pulled him to the side. His body fell out of the chair and onto the ground. Logan stood up but words were taken from him.

The door burst open and Roman ran inside. He went to Virgil and examined him. It seemed like forever, but Roman looked at Logan and took in a breath. "He's fine. You just gave him an anxiety attack."

"I know that, Roman but did he hit his head really bad or...?"

"No, he's fine. We'll give him a private cell after what happened today. Why don't you go back to your office so he can wake up peacefully?" Logan loosely nodded and headed out of the room. He felt guilt ride up his spine and perch on his shoulders. The weight literally slowed him down as he drug his feet back to his office.

When he walked into his office, a certain brother of his was sitting in his chair, waiting patiently for him. Logan's eyebrows raised, "S-Shouldn't you be down at your desk?" Logan asked. Patton sighed and stood up. He crossed to his brother and put his hands on his shoulders.

"Thomas told me what happened." Patton said. Great, Logan thought. The chief was in the other room and saw Logan make Virgil pass out. Logan sighed, putting his head in his hands. "Hey, it's okay. He isn't mad or anything." Patton assured him.

"Don't you get it, Patton? My job is to help not hurt. With this case, it seems I make things worse than better." Logan said, looking at Patton again. Patton's eyes, which were once laced in comfort, were laced in worry.

"D-Do....Do you like, Virgil?" Patton questioned. Logan's eyes widened. He didn't know what to say. Was that the feeling Logan had whenever he was with Virgil? Is that why he found his innocent nature adorable and why he wished to protect Virgil at any cost? Logan sighed and gave in.

"I-I think I do have a tiny crush on Virgil."

Patton was silent for a moment, his brain processing the information. His face then illuminated with joy as a high-pitched squeak escaped Patton's lips. "Logan, that's amazing!" Patton cheered.

"Y-You aren't upset or worried about him?" Logan asked.

"What? No, I'm not Dad." Patton joked. He back out of Logan's office with rosy cheeks and a full smile. "If you like him, then he's no prisoner." Patton said before slowly moving down the stairs. Logan let out a long breath and sat down in his chair. Logan replayed his interaction with his brother in his head. He laughed to himself about the joke Patton had told.

Logan and Patton's foster father wasn't against the two of them being gay. He would just become quiet and never want to talk to the boys they (mainly Patton) brought home. Patton has had small relationships over time whilst Logan only had one long relationship which ended roughly.

After 2 years of Logan and this other boy dating, Logan learned that his 'boyfriend' had a secret girlfriend. Logan was crushed. He really thought he understood love and what it meant but it turns out, he was wrong.

Logan wasn't the same after that. He didn't tell Patton who he liked anymore, he didn't bring anyone home. He just put up his walls and that's how it stayed until Logan moved out.