Chapter Twelve

Logan parked his car in his apartment complex, taking the stop labeled #113. His apartment number. Logan turned the off and felt the engine slowly lose its spark. Setting the car to sleep for the night. Virgil glanced over at Logan, nervously looking down at his lap when Logan noticed Virgil. Finally Virgil sighed and faced Logan.

"Look Logan, I appreciate the offer for me to stay in your apartment. But I can't ask you to do that! You're already doing so much with my case and you're already stuck with me for a week!" Virgil rambled on. Logan was listening but only partly paying attention. Virgil's talking slowed when he realized Logan had tangled his hand in his. Virgil blushed, but looked up at Logan, biting his lip.

"You are no burden to me. I consider you a friend. Now come on, you're bound to be tired." Logan insisted. Virgil sighed and nodded slowly, giving in to Logan's offer. They exited the car, hoping up onto the pavement. Virgil followed Logan up a small flight up stairs, stopping at the first door in the line, #113.

Logan fiddled with his key before hearing the click and pushing the door open. Virgil stepped inside, looking around in awe. The apartment had a small living room with a closet straight ahead. To the left was a kitchen with dark brown cabinets and white counter tops. The kitchen had a sliding glass door to the small balcony the laid outside. Virgil wandered down the hallway in the living room, a door to the left as soon as you walked in the hall.

That room was Logan's study, Virgil could tell by the giant bookshelf and desk scattered with loose papers and files. To the right was a bathroom with a hall closet in between. Furthermore, there were three more bedrooms; two on the left, one on the right with the master bathroom next to the singular bedroom.

Virgil's mouth hung open ajar, admiring the apartment. Not only was the size of it like a castle to Virgil, but everything that was in it, was Logan's. It felt so homey to Virgil which made it all the more better.

Logan was leaning against the wall behind Virgil, hands in his pockets. Logan just watched, a smile finding its way onto his face. Virgil turned around and face Logan, his eyes sparkling. "This is quite a big apartment for just you, isn't it?" Virgil asked.

"I suppose." Logan shrugged. "It wasn't always this empty. My brother Patton and an officer named Roman used to live with me. Patton moved into his own apartment and Roman started to roommate with other co-workers." Logan explained.

"And you haven't looked for a new and smaller apartment?"

"No. This place holds too many memories. Plus, you never know when you'll need to house a guest for a while." Logan said, his eyebrows raised. Virgil understood, his face blushing under his bangs. "You're room is the one on the left. If you need anything during the night, my room is the next over, okay?" Logan asked. Virgil nodded in conformation and slowly walked into the smaller room.

The room had a full bed in it with a drawer and a TV a top it. Virgil kicked his shoes off and put them neatly by the door. His feet squished into a brown, yarn like carpet. Virgil felt like he was returning home after a long adventure. Logan watched him from the door, his heart turning. Watching Virgil's adorable nature.

"You probably want so pajama pants or something, huh?" Logan thought aloud.

"Just sweat pants or something similar." Virgil said, turning to Logan. The detective nodded and rushed to his room. Virgil mindlessly walked to the bed and sat on it. The bed was soft, sinking under his weight. This bed felt much better than anything he had ever slept in.

Logan returned quickly with folded black sweat pants in his hand. Virgil smiled and stifled a laugh. Logan just shrugged and threw them to Virgil, who caught them and felt them unfold in his hands.

Logan joined him in sitting on the bed, their hands were close together but neither if them did anything. There was a brief pause. "So...what's next?" Virgil riddled.

"In terms of your case?" Logan questioned to which Virgil nodded. "Well, we have proof that you didn't physically do anything to him. But in order to fully prove you not guilty, we have to prove the you didn't poison Damion. And that footage of you on the cameras wasn't just you making sure the job was done." Logan explained. Virgil looked awestruck, his eyes were shrunken, filled with fear.

"T-That s-s-sounds like a-a lot." Virgil stuttered. Logan's hands rested on Virgil's shoulders, calming him.

"I know it does, but it'll be done before you know." Logan assured him. Virgil gently nodded, looking down at his lap. Logan let his shoulders loose and stood up from the bed. Virgil eyed him as Logan inched towards the door. Virgil shifted oddly on the bed, feeling the sweat pants in his moist hands.

"Goodnight, Logan." Virgil mumbled with a half smile. Logan turned around, looking slightly caught off guard. Logan blushed, pushing his glasses up. Logan grabbed the door and shut it behind him softly. Virgil got to his feet and started to change his pants into the sweat pants.

Logan walked into his bathroom and shut the door. He removed his glasses and put them on the counter. He proceeded to wash his face and brush his teeth, winding for the night. Finally, he walked over to his room and put on his own pajamas which consisted of plaid bottoms and an old t-shirt.

Virgil had climbed into bed and turned off his light. He was staring at the ceiling, his anxiety not letting him sleep very easily. He took in a big breath and let his eyes slip closed. Even though his mind was racing, his eyes were heavy, full of sleep.

Logan was reading in his bed although he wasn't paying close attention to the content in his book. While Logan's full priority was Virgil, but Damion's file was sitting on his nightstand. Logan still couldn't get that case out of his mind. This case meant more to him than the chief knew. HE had to finish what he started.

He had to.