Chapter Twenty Seven

The detective arrived to the hospital, goosebumps filling his arms. Being there still upset him. The fact that the only other time he had been to hospital so many times was when he was the patient. He got out of his car and shoved his keys in his pocket. He took a breath of the cool, autumn air. It filled him with the confidence he needed it walk inside.

Logan greeted the nurse at the front desk, patting his hands nervously on the surface. "Here to see, Mr. Black again?" The nurse asked to which Logan nodded, biting his lip. The nurse smiled, "You're in luck, he just woke up!" The nurse said, a little to cheerily. Logan bowed his head in thanks and proceeded down the hall. He didn't have to be told where the room was anymore, he just knew.

He stopped at room #406, taking a breath, he pushed open the door with a shaky hand. Logan peaked inside, the slight of Virgil's condition also scaring him. Virgil was connected to an IV, a breathing machine and a heart rate monitor. Not to mention, all the bandages on his elbow join from all the shots he was given. Logan shuddered, but walked further inside.

The sound of the door closing is what snapped Virgil's attention to the detective. His lowly frown  turned to a grin. Virgil stuck out his hand which Logan grabbed, placing a delicate kiss atop it. "I missed you." Virgil said, his voice groggy and raspy.

"I missed you too, love." Logan told him. Virgil's heart monitor fluttered, it usually did whenever Logan was around. "How did the surgery go?" Logan questioned. Virgil cleared his throat and sat up a bit, preparing himself. The anticipation was almost poison but Logan got through it.

"The doctor said that should be the last surgery for the next 6 months until the stitches dissolve and they replace them with more permanent ones." Virgil smiled through his words. This brought tears to Logan's eyes. He became overjoyed with emotions. Finally, his love would heal and Logan could bring him home.

"That's great, love. However, I have good news to tell as well."

"Oh, yeah! How'd the trial go?" Virgil's face illuminated. Logan swallowed, holding the emo's hand tighter.

"You're not guilty and Remus will be behind bars for a long, long time." Logan assured him. Virgil cheered in his seat. He wrapped his arms around the detective in joy. When they let go of each other, Virgil stifled a laugh.

"I bet you made the judge truly eat his words, didn't you?" Logan laughed too, nodding his head. "How are Roman and Patton? I feel like I haven't seen them in forever."

"They're great; really excited for you to be released. In fact, we've planned a double date to celebrate!" Logan proclaimed. Virgil smiled, his cheeks glowing red.

"That sounds awesome, I can't wait to be out of here. I mean, how many times in a row do I need to eat hospital's 'Spaghetti Surprise' before it starts to taste like everything else the hospital serves!" Logan laughed at the boy's statement.

"You're a really trooper, Virgil." Logan chuckled. Virgil leaned back in his bed, his face wrinkled in pain. Logan loosened his grip on his hand, growing with concern. "Are you alright, love?"

"Y-Yeah." Virgil nodded. "Just certain positions really hurt my stomach."

"Did they tell you what Remus injured?" Logan asked, Virgil flinched slightly at Remus' name but reached over to his table. On his table was his medical file which he gave to his boyfriend. Logan opened it up, looking at the pictures and papers. "The doctors said it was a kidney and part of my liver. They said it wasn't WHAT he hit that was the problem but-"

"The internal bleeding." Logan finished, closing the file and handing it back to Virgil. The two grew silent, still holding hand. Virgil looked over to Logan, his eyes glued to the floor.

"Logan?"

"Yes, love?"

"Thanks for being there for me. You definitely payed me back after I saved you." Virgil groaned. Logan chuckled.

"Anything for you, love." Logan commented. Logan leaned forward, making Virgil do the same. "Virgil Black..."

"Yes, Logan Sanders?" A pause.

"I love you."