Chapter Twenty Four

Trigger Warnings: Attempted Rape, Stabbing

Virgil sat on the edge of the bed; just like Remus asked. He was fidgeting with his new skirt. Like it or not, Virgil knew what was about to happen. He wished he could prevent it, but if he wanted to escape at all, he'd have to be in the best condition possible.

The door swung open and slammed shut. Making Virgil jump. There Remus stood, in the room. His sick smirk spread across his face. "My my, don't you look slutty and inviting." Remus purred. Virgil felt tears build up in his eyes. His PTSD flashing memories through his mind of the times before Damion died. Whenever Damion would call him into his own, personal room, everyone knew what that meant.

Remus put his knees on top the bed. Virgil shook as Remus towered above him, a long smile draped across his slimy skin. Virgil backed up a little bit but Remus only moved closer.

Virgil kept moving backwards, desperately trying to get Remus away. His back hit the headboard, his heart dropped. There was no where left to go. Remus pinned Virgil's shoulders you the headboard. He could feel the crazed man's breath. Smelling the strong alcohol and smoke fumes coming from him.

Remus pushed his lips against Virgil's. The small boy squirmed. No matter what he tried, he couldn't break their connection.

Remus finally broke apart, panting. "I see now why Damion liked you so much." Remus cooed, running his hand up Virgil's thigh, under his skirt. Virgil let out a sob, the gag on his mouth still muffling his voice.

A knock came upon the bedroom door. Remus' eye contact with Virgil became broken as his head whipped around. Virgil never felt so relieved. Remus let out a low growl, turning back to Virgil.

"I'll be right back, my Raven." Remus whispered into Virgil's ear before kissing his cheek and removing himself from the bed.

As Remus left the room, Virgil let his face grow wet with tears he was too afraid to release. He tried to wash them away with his hand, but he wasn't doing much.

Virgil pushes against his gag again. It was secured very tightly onto his face. It became clear to the boy, that he wasn't getting it off this way. His head drifted to the side, looking to the dresser. There was a small shiny object sitting atop the dresser. Virgil's eyes sparked.

He crawled off the bed, his legs touching the ground gently. His legs were stiff under his heavy body. His skin felt gross. His legs carried him to the dresser where his eyes met a box cutter.

Virgil's eyes sparked with tears. His past started to creep up his spine. The scars on his arms itched. All the times he let blood run down his arms as an escape from Damion. He grabbed the box cutter and popped the blade up.

With shaky hands, Virgil slashed the gag from his mouth, watching the cloth fall to the ground. His mouth filled with heavy air. A line of liquid drained from his face where he cut the gag. He kept the box cutter in his grip.

Virgil went back to the bed, reaching under the bed to where to threw his old clothes. He grabbed his jacket and sweat pants, clutching to them like an old friend. He looked back at the door, seeing he was in the clear, he quickly changed his clothes.

He threw his bra and skirt onto the bed, his shoulders lifted now that his own clothes were on. He slipped the box cutter into his pocket. He snuck over to the door and pressed his ear against it. He heard muffled talking followed by the yelling of Remus. The talking soon grew quiet, Virgil cracked the door open and peaked out. No one else was in the room.

The boy slipped out the door, shutting it quietly and looking around. The air carried no noise and the light from the windows was barely any; just enough to see. Virgil crept through this new room. It was empty, however he could hear more voices.

He proceeded to the next room, peeking around the corner. His eyes widened. There were two of Remus' men dragging a tied up, Roman and Logan.

"Logan!" Virgil whispered to himself. Their eyes were still closed, bodies limp. Virgil held in his anger, watching the two goons drag Roman and Logan into cages.

Virgil stood up, taking the box cutter from his pocket. His feet pounded towards the two men. Virgil stabbed Roman's goon in the back of the neck. He cried out in pain and crumbled to the ground. Logan's goon whipped around but Virgil pushed him back with his foot. When the goon made contact with the floor, Virgil took the box cutter to the man's cheek. He left the box cutter sticking out of his cheek, watching the man fall limp.

At this point, Virgil was panting like a dog. He looked upon Roman and Logan, both still deep in an unconscious doze. Virgil stepped towards them, reaching out to untie the ropes at their wrists. Virgil was stopped as finger crept along his neck, gripping to it tightly. Virgil's face paled as he was dragged away from the detective and officer.

Virgil was thrown to the floor, now facing an angry Remus. "Think you can escape so easily, pet?!" Remus screamed. Virgil shook with fear, trying to pull himself away from Remus but he couldn't escape him now. The crazed man grabbed a dagger from his pocket, his smile wide.

Remus pounded his foot into Virgil's stomach. The boy letting out a yell of pain. Remus took the dagger in his hand and brought it down into Virgil's chest.

The world seemed to stop for Virgil.

He could see the handle of the dagger sticking out of his chest. He could hear the high pitched white noise ringing through his skull. He could see some red liquid flow out of him. His head grew heavy and sleep clouded his vision. His head dropped back to the floor, his eyes closing. Everything faded around Virgil. Everything went black.