Chapter Twenty One

Logan stared blankly at his computer. Too deep in thought to look through his files are focus on anything else. The man that took Virgil was the only thing swimming through his mind. His computer monitor drifted to sleep. Logan fell back into his chair, rubbing his forehead. Despite being a detective, he was more confused than he had been in years. That man knew Virgil, but how? Who was he? Where was Virgil now?

"Logan?" The man jumped, his neck snapping up. Roman stood in his doorway with a tentative look covering his face. It just occurred to Logan, that he was crying. He wiped his face with hands, trying to get rid of any evidence of his liquid feelings. "Remy's in the questioning room. Just like you asked."

"Thank you, Roman." Logan said. He pushed himself up from his chair and followed Roman down the stairs. The anger in Logan's chest was bubbling but he had to push it away. No matter how much he would like to, he couldn't be physical with any of the prisoners. "Patton said, you helped him with our fight last night?" Logan questioned, glancing at Roman.

"Y-Yeah. He was hurt. But, if you ask me, you did the right thing." Roman informed him. Logan nodded as they continued down the corridor to Remy's questioning room.

"Do you know who Remy is?" Logan asked the officer who simply shook his head. "This is Patton's ex."

"The abusive one?" Logan nodded his head in shame. Roman let out a low growl. "Do your worst." Roman instructed. Logan nodded and entered the room. Remy's hands were cuffed behind him, his arms around the chair he was sitting in. His usual leather jacket was replaced with the classical orange jumpsuit. His sunglasses were also missing, showing the scar that crossed over his right eye.

"So, we meet again, eh?" Remy smiled upon seeing the detective. Logan narrowed his eyes, approaching the table and open chair. "Dude, you won't believe it. After, you know, we drugged you, there was this absolutely gorgeous car parked at a meter. Me and my boys HAD to have it. So, a little bit of hot wiring later, she was purring like a kitten. Turns out, that's totally illegal. My boys ran away but I got caught! Can you believe it?!"

Logan removed his glasses and rubbed the bridge of his nose. After putting them back on, the headache started to form. How did Patton ever date him for over six months? "Remy, frankly, I don't care."

"I didn't think you would. Hey, where's your little sidekick? Abandon you?" Remy said with rising eyebrows. Logan banged his fist on the table, surprisingly, making Remy jump.

"He was taken. And I know you know who took him!" Logan exclaimed. Remy snickered to himself, leaning forward a little.

"You think I'ma help you? I have a better chance at hooking up with your brother again than me telling you anything!" Remy laughed.

"I highly doubt that." Logan muttered under his breath. Logan stood up and started to circle around the room. Remy shot him a confused look, his leg bouncing anxiously. "Tell me Remy Sandmen, why didn't they catch Damion Lye after he hit my family's car 15 years ago?" Roman's mouth dropped from the other room where he was watching from behind the one way mirror.

Remy's face paled although he tried to cover it up with an annoyed gaze. "I don't know what you're babbling about, nerd!" Remy spat. Logan hummed in amusement.

"I think you do, Remy. Even though you were 18 at the time of the accident, your file clearly states that you worked for Mr. Lye around that time. Did you not?" Remy started to get fidgety.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying, that you were the driver of the big truck that day." Logan concluded. Remy's opened his mouth to fight back, but he closed it. Only tiny squeaks and sounds came from him as he searched for his words. "Either you can admit to it now, or you can talk, and I'll look past it."

"R-Really?" Remy questioned. Logan nodded and returned to his seat across from him. "You can't be serious!"

"Oh, I am. Unless you want to test that theory, I'd start talking." Logan said, putting his hands together. Nervous sweat made Remy's forehead glow. Logan smirked to himself; he was winning.

"The only one I can think of that would actually WANT Virgil back is: Remus Gray. He was Damion's everything, even when I worked for them. They got together shortly after I left. And if they all think Virgil killed Damion, Remus would want his head!" Remy explained.

"Do you know where the base is?" Logan asked. Remy rolled his eyes, wanting his questioning to be over with.

"By the college. On the back roads. That's all I can tell you or they'll have my head too." Remy huffed. Logan bowed his head and stood up. He exited the room and proceed back to towards his office. Roman left the room where he watching from, catching up to Logan.

"I didn't know you were THAT good. I was even nervous!" Roman giggled.

"You said, to do my worst. So I did." Logan sighed. The two entered the main lobby and approached Patton's desk. The freckled faced boy looked up at them. He blushed as Roman took his hand and gave it a kiss. He then looked over to his brother.

"How did the questioning go?"

"I need a certain, Remus Gray's file." Logan said. Patton nodded and rolled his chair over to his filing cabinet. Once the file was found, he handed it to Logan who took it gratefully. Logan opened it and looked inside.

Name: Remus I. Gray. DOB: 06/25/1989. Hair Color: Brown; Gray streak (Dyed). Eye Color: Dark Green.

Logan nodded. "This is it."

"Awesome! And he told us the location of their base!" Roman excited exclaimed.

"Right, we need to get over there quickly. He's already been there for over 12 hours. His PTSD must be through the roof. We've gotta get there fast." Logan said. Roman nodded and the two walked towards the building's exit.

"Call me when he's safe! I'll send more units your way!" Patton called out as the two left. They rounded the building to all the police cars that lined the station. Roman lead Logan to his. When they got inside, Roman ignited the engine and turned the lights and sirens on. After that, they merged into traffic with ease and head towards the college.

Logan's mind was racing, all he hoped, was for Virgil's safety.