Bonus chapter - Redemption

Shido was laying on his bed, staring at the celling.

"Shido..." He heard worried voice of Tohka behind the door "...I'm leaving your dinner here if you're hungry"

She put something on the ground and walked away.

He didn't even twitched. His eyes and head started to hurt, so he closed them and let his thoughs flow freely, ignoring sounds his stomach made.

Date with Lorigami flashed through his mind. He didn't have enough strength to cry once more.

Image of Y/N surfaced in his mind. He looked like a giant that couldn't be stopped in his memory and his voice echoed in his head.

He know that he was right, but still couldn't forgive him...

He started feeling strange dizziness and white fog clouded his mind.

Soon shapes of trees started slowly appearing in the fog.

He started wandering through the forest of white trees.

"Shido..." He heard Reine voice behind him.

He quickly turned around and saw Reine in white dress smiling at him.

"I'm sorry..." He dropped on his knees "...It's all my fault..."

"It's not" Reine sat in front of him and lifted his head "Don't blame yourself for things that you didn't do"

"You must hate me like him now...." He laughed through tears "...I was such a fool..."

"I love you no matter what, but I can't tell that I hated him. We were the enemies, yes or at least we were... But he taken care of most important person to me and gave me a chance to return once again, for that I'm forever grateful" Reine gently whiped his tears with hand "This is a dream, but we're in it together and probably the last time we see each other..."

"Why don't you stay here then?" Shido proposed with hope "We can stay here forever!"

"We can't silly" She smiled "He already gave me a chance to stay with you, but I can't bring myself to do that..."

"Why not?" Shido asked her confused.

"Maybe you will understand one day..." She touched his cheek "No go, she's waiting for you. If there is something beyond, let's meet each other there..."

"Wait!" He shouted when everything started disappear "Who is waiting for me--"

He suddenly woke up and realise that he's sweating.

"Another nightmare" He sit on the bed trying to calm himself down.

"But you can wake up from that one..." Lorigami commented.

He suddenly looked at direction where the voice came.

Lorogami was standing in middle of the rokm, wearing the same clothes she was wearing durning their date.

"You still haven't give me the answer..." She smiled "...I can't go to the other side like that"

"Origami..." Shido mumbled in disbelief and walked towards her "Are you real?"

She grabbed his hand and placed on her chest. He feelt her warm hand and heartbeat.

"I'm back..." She hugged him and Shido quickly did the same "...As long you're here for me, I'll be there for you"

"How..." Shido looked at her face, not believing what is happening.

"I don't know, but does it matter? All that matters to me is that I love you. I know that you went through hell to save me, even after my betrayal and tries to kill people you cared for..." Her voice become more sad "...That's why I'm asking you for forgiveness, even if I don't deserve it..."

"I forgive you" Shido smiled and touched her cheek.

"Thank you..." She also smiled "But I'm still waiting for your answer..."

"What answer?" Shido started searching through his memory.

"That one before I lost control..." She reminded him.

"Oh that one! Ummmm..." He looked away, troubled.

"I guess you still need some time..." She sighed and let go of him "I'll be going then!"

"Wait! Don't leave me!" Shido quickly grabbed her.

"I'm just going to my home, not to the other side" She quickly explained.

"Can you stay with me, please?" He begged her.

"Sorry, but you already have her to stay with and I forgot to feed my cat this morning my cat" She said bit embarrassmed "I'll be going now!"

She opened the doors and instantly stepped on his dinner.

"Who put that plate here!" She complained and looked at Shido "Sorry for ruining your dinner... I'll make you another one, good night!"

Shido was still trying to process what is happening and heard familiar voice behind him

"Ara ara ara..."