iii.

alexia ⤵︎

my mom yelled at me, she's literally my alarm. i run to the shower so i could at least be presentable and i quickly got downstairs.

"good morning" my mom said smiling at me. she was drinking coffee and eating french toasts, this time no news paper, kinda weird on her.

"buenos días ma" i said, as i ate my cereal. i checked the time on my phone and, fuck, i was late again. if i run i could get the bus. i kissed my mom's cheek and i left my house back. i saw a guy vaping in front of my porch; mattia.

"what are you doing here?" i said and now i had his attention. he smiled at me, what the fuck? is he okay or...?

"i'm driving you, come on, get in the car" he said, and opened the co-pilot door so i could get in. i was shooked at first, but he insisted and i was late for the bus so he was my only option.

"how did you sleep?" he asked, lowering the volume of the radio. i really don't understand this kid, yesterday he was being an asshole, not just to me, but to josh too, and now, all of asudden, he's driving me and being nice?

"why are you being so nice?" i asked. "what do you want?"

"woooow" he said and laughed. "someone's in a bad mood" i rolled my eyes and i looked through the window. he then, placed ona hand on my thigh and i looked at him confused. what the fuck was he doing? "i just wanted to check up on you"

"i-- is your mother telling you to do this?" i said, taking his hand of my thigh. he laughed and declined with his head.

"i was just being nice, lex" he said. lex, he called me lex, he used to call me like that, by my nickname. it felt so weird, he's been the first one to call me like that in years.

"don't call me that... is weird" i said. i was starting to feel uncomfortable, he wasn't like that at all. he was way too nice today and i knew he was up to something, he wouldn't be that nice without a reason

he parked in front of the school, and we walked together to my locker, since he wanted to walk me to my first period class.

"wanna hang out later?" he said looking at me. his body was against the locker next to mine, and let me tell you, he looked kinda hot today.

"i can't. i made plans with josh" i answered while closing my locker. he started walking as i started.

"oh come one! i really want to catch up with you" he said insisting. "the josh thing can wait"

"okay mattia, that's enough. what do you want?" i stopped in the middle of the hallway and he looked at me confused. "im serious, what do you want? i know you're doing all this act because you're up to something. we've been ignoring each other for years, our mothers don't hang out anymore, so quit the act and tell me what the fuck do you want from me"

he was shook i said all that, but i mean, it was true. we stopped talking to each other, we stopped hanging out, we stopped being friends. i don't get why he wants to spend tine with me again, he was the one that cut off our friendship.

"yesterday, when we were working on the project" he started talking. "i realized how stupid i was for letting our friendship die, it gave me melancholy, i missed you and i really want to build up a friendship again"

i had no words. what am i supposed to say? he's never been that sweet, he hasn't even been that nice to me in a really long time. i was shook, mattia was part of my life, he was my best friend, more like a brother but he turned into a stranger after middle school. i kinda missed him but right now, he wasn't that important to me, not at all.

the bell rang and i wanted to tell him i missed him too, but i still don't trust him. i don't want to open my feelings to him, he'll have to wait.

"mattia i— i'll see you later" i said before leaving. he stood up in the middle of the corridor looking at me. it was weird, i wanted him back but at the same time i didn't.