vii.

author's note ⤵︎
the fact that there are people reading and enjoying this story makes me so happy like wtf i didn't expect it lol
thank you so much for reading🥺🥺

alexia ⤵︎

i was waiting for josh to come pick me up, sitting in the front of my house playing with my dogs. he texted me we was on his way so it won't be long before he gets here.

cream, my dog, suddenly run out of the house. i run after her to see mattia playing with her.

"hi baby" mattia said with a baby voice while petting cream with a smile on his face.

i smiled. "what are you doing here?" i said and he looked at me.

"i wanted to talk to you" he said and came closer to me. i nodded my head for him to follow me. i sat in the rocking chair on the porch while he leaned on the railing.

he looked at me in silence. he was the one who came all the way here, he's also the one who kicked me out of his room and house when i tried to fix whatever i did, so he better had something to say before josh arrives.

"i'm sorry" he finally said. i opened my mouth to talk but he didn't let me. "no, let me talk, please" i nodded and he continued talking. "i was an asshole to you, and for that i'm really sorry, you didn't deserved it. but i was jealous of josh, you were spending a lot of time with him when you knew i wanted to spend time with you too but you chose him, and i don't know, when he told me you asked him out i really felt like i completely lost you again"

"i don't deserve you listening to me" he said. "i'm really sorry, lexi, i really am sorry"

lexi. he called me lexi again. that nickname brought so many memories... i smiled at him and i got up to hug him. it felt good being in his arms. he hugged me tight and kissed my head. "i'm sorry" he whispered.

"it's okay" i said.

we separated from each other and we both smiled and burst into laughter. he sat with me in the middle of the stairs, he wanted to stay with me till josh picked me up.

but josh never came.

"i'm gonna kill him" mattia said really mad. "i'm going to fucking kill him, i swear"

i texted josh multiple times but he didn't answer, i even tried to call him and again, he didn't answer. mattia was going crazy about it, if he couldn't stand josh before, now he can't even see him without wanting to punch him.

"it's okay, mattia" i tried to calm him down. "his loss, not mine" i said, trying to convince myself.

i really wanted to go on a date with josh. i like him and i was sure he liked me back, but i guess i was wrong.

"no lexi, it's not okay" he said. "he's an asshole and i'm beating him up on monday"

i laughed at that. i knew he wouldn't fight josh, he was just trying to cheer me up and it kinda worked.

"come on, alexia" he said, grabbing my face with his hands. "you deserve better"

i looked him in the eyes and smiled. he ran his hand through my hair, messing it up, and we both burst out laughing.

he's so much better when he acts like this, leaving his tough guy facet aside. it reminds me of all my happy memories with him during our childhood, i remember how much his smile shone, it was brighter than anything you could imagine.

josh ⤵︎

i was so nervous and excited for my date with alexia today. i couldn't stop thinking of her, she's so precious! i know i'm doing this wrong, i shouldn't had bet with mattia who's gona get her first, but i really want her, i genuinely like her.

i was driving to alexia's house, i was almost there when i saw from a distance she wasn't alone. she was hugging and laughing with someone.

mattia.

she was hugging mattia. i didn't know what to do, did she forgot about our date? it couldn't be true, i thought she liked me back.

i looked at them, smiling and being happy. i looked at alexia's bright smile for a while, it hurt me so bad knowing i wasn't the reason of her smile...

i drove back home before she or mattia could spot my car. what was i supposed to do? she was having a good time with mattia, and if he's making her happy that's all i care about.

her happiness.