xvi.

alexia ⤵︎

i woke up with mattia's head on my chest. he was so cute asleep, even with his face full of drool he looked cute.

i ran my fingers through his hair and didn't even realize that i was smiling. mattia's arms surrounded my body, i didn't know how to move without waking him up. when i tried to move and i stopped touching his hair, mattia said:

"keep going" he said, with a raspy voice. he didn't even open his eyes.

"get up, you bum" i said trying to move his body, keyword: trying.

"five more minutes, please," he said.

i tried to get out of mattia's arms in a thousand different ways, but it was impossible.

"rise and shine!" my mother said, opening the door with a vacuum cleaner. the noise my mother made awoke mattia completely. he covered his eyes with his hand because the sun that entered through the window hit his face directly.

"mamá!" i complained, but she just laughed. i facepalmed myself as she continued laughing and cleaning my room. it's not even cleaning day!

"good morning, ms. palacios" mattia said with a little smile on his face. "nice to see you too"

my mom smiled at him and told us she made us breakfast. i've ever seen someone run as fast as mattia did just to est breakfast.

"oh my god" mattia said savoring me mom's pancakes. "i missed this so much, holy shit"

i laughed and sat next to him. we used to have pancakes for breakfast almost every saturday when we were kids, he stayed at my place or i stayed a his and our moms always made us pancakes.

"so umm... any plans for today?" he said, taking the last piece of pancake to his mouth.

"nope" i said and he nodded.

"cool, now you have plans" he said. "we're going out" i looked at him really confused and he laughed. "as friends, we're going out as friends"

i laughed but honestly, i still want to go on a date with him. i'm just curious, what would have happened if i'd given mattia the same chance i gave josh?

"alexia, NO", i thought. "you're dating josh, remember that: josh"

mattia ⤵︎

i took alexia to our favorite place when we were little. it was this cafeteria, where the best smoothies of all new jerseys were served. we used to come on friday afternoons, though we always tried to come.

"two chocolate shakes with cream, please" i asked the waitress and she attended us with a smile on her face and immediately brought us the shakes.

"i can't believe you still remember this place," alexia laughed.

"me neither" i said. "it's been a while since we last came here" alexia nodded and took a sip of her chocolate shake. god, she looked so beautiful today.

"what?" she said and i realized i was staring at her, gosh how could i not stare at her? she's so beautiful.

"nothing, i was just thinking" i said and she smiled. i always loved her smile and the dimples she had when she smiled.

"about what?" she asked flipping her hair.

"you", i thought. this girl is driving me crazy and i don't know how much longer i could control myself and not kiss her, cuz that's the only thing i want; kiss her.

"i don't know" i said. "it's weird how we're here, right now. weeks ago we didn't even look at each other... a lot has changed in a month"

she nodded and looked at me. "but you know what? i'm glad you're back" i smiled like a happy child. "a lot has changed, but i don't really care now that you're here with me" she made a little pause and then looked at me again, "a lot has changed but we didn't, and that's what matters to me"

right now i just want to kiss her and hug her and never let her go. i never smiled like i'm smiling right now; i've never thought someone could make me so happy just by talking or even smiling at me.

i was falling for alexia? yes. but i couldn't help it, no one in his right senses could know her and not falling for her, it's impossible.