xix

alexia ⤵︎

i was on my way to the party josh had invited me to. two days ago i tried to break up with him, but he wouldn't even let me talk, he wanted to apologize for being an asshole to me.

today is not the day to do it, but if it isn't today when it will be? i can't keep lying to myself, i don't love josh and i have never done it.

when i got to the party i met many familiar faces, some from high school. there were so many people, and although it was barely late, there were already people who were drunk and passed out.

"alexia" i listened and turned around. it was kianna who called me, she was next to josh and guys from the football team. i approached them and josh greeted me with a soft kiss on the lips, i forced me to smile and i looked for mattia, but there was no sign of him.

"are you looking for someone?" josh asked and I shook my head. i didn't know how to do it, i didn't want to get one of his scenes in front of everybody.

"i'm gonna get some air," i said, going out into the yard.

it wasn't even hot, but it was the only free place, i wanted to be alone and not squeezed in between people.

i watched sideways as someone sat next to me; alejandro. i looked at him and he looked at me, but no one said anything.

"i shouldn't be the one to tell you, but mattia won't stop talking about you," he said, offering me his drink. i gave a small sip to alejandro's drink trying to hide my smile. "i don't know what's going on between you guys, but don't hurt him"

we both turned when we heard screams, someone was fighting. alejandro helped me up and we ran inside the house, where the music had stopped and only screams could be heard. i pushed people to see what was happening and why so much corrillo, when i saw mattia and josh on the floor. both had blood on their faces, what the fuck was happening to them now?

"Help me separate them," i said to alejandro, who nodded and quickly grabbed mattia to separate him from josh.

"get off of me!" mattia yelled, pushing alejandro. this time it was me who stopped him. "get out of the way, alexia."

"no," i replied.

"you don't understand, let me pass" mattia insisted. "alexia, you have no idea what's going on, you'll thank me later"

that last one left me very confused. i was going to thank him? i looked at josh, who touched his split lip with a frown. i approached him, to see if he had any more wounds. I asked him, but he pushed me away.

"don't touch me," Josh said. now i was confused, what the fuck? "it's all your fault, alexia!" he shouted, and mattia stood in front of me, facing josh again.

"don't even think about touching her like that again," he warned, but josh laughed.

"or what? you'll make another bet to see who gets to play it before, like you did a month ago?" josh laughed. i saw how mattia squeezed his jaw and look at me sideways.

"what are you talking about?" i asked, but nobody answered, "mattia, what the fuck is that bet about?"

"come on, mattia, tell her" said josh to provoke him. "look her in the face and tell her how you used her for a bet that you didn't even win."

the whole group of people was silent, nobody expected something like that, not even me.

"why don't you explain to her that your relationship was never true? that everything you had was false because you used it to win that bet, and even though you won it, you continued to cheat on her, as you did a moment ago?