xvii

author's note ⤵︎
so now mattia is reading his fanfics and he's actually reading this one so umm... wassup mattia😳

thank y'all for the 39.6k reads🦋💙

alexia ⤵︎

i had agreed to have lunch with kianna and josh, some of the football teammates joined us as well, but i was so wrapped up in my thoughts that i didn't realize all the people who had sat with us until josh pulled me out of my thoughts calling me name.

"alexia!" josh yelled.

"yeah, sorry. i zoned out" i said. i have no idea what they're talking about, i didn't pay attention at any time. i couldn't stop thinking about mattia and what happened on friday, i tried to get it out of my head, but there's no way i can stop thinking about mattia, his touch, his laugh...

"we're going bowling this afternoon, you in?" kianna asked. she looked excited, way too excited. she was literally crying over a dude two days ago, it's impossible to be this happy in less than 73h.

"i already made plans with mattia" i said and out of the corner of my eye i saw josh clenching his jaw. "we're gonna study, he needs help with chemistry," i clarified, but he rolled his eyes and removed his arm around my back.

"if you say so..." said josh. i shook my head and sighed. i can't believe he's still going on with the nonsense of me cheating on him with mattia. why would i date him if i'm going to cheat? he's so childish.

"i already told you he's just a friend" i said but he ignored me. cool, he's being a child again.

mattia ⤵︎

i was waiting for alexia, he was saying goodbye to kianna and josh, he was looking at me in the distance. i smiled at him and it made him even more angry.

"hey!" alexia said. "let's go ?" i nodded and she smiled.

on the way home she told me how her day went. she looked so happy and so pretty smiling. i didn't know how i could like her so much. whatever she did, the slightest nonsense, seemed the nicest thing to me. i could spend hours and hours listening to her talk, looking at her.

when we got home she went to the kitchen herself and served the food that my father prepared for us. it was impressive how after so long the trust had not disappeared. my home is her home and i love that it is so.

at the same time alexia was eating, she took out her chemistry notes and gave them to me.

"these are all my notes from the last few weeks, keep them until you pass the exam" she said smiling at me.

"wow... thank you," i said, looking at the notes.

i really didn't need help with anything, i got good grades in practically all of my subjects, but it was the first excuse i came up with to spend more time with her.

if i'm honest, i couldn't concentrate much on what alexia explained to me. i was stunned looking at her, her gestures, her smile... everything.

"did you understand?" she said, playing with a pencil. i nodded and she smiled. "cool. I think that's enough for today," she said, closing the chemistry book.

"do you wanna see a movie?" i said and she immediately ran to the living room.

"mattia!" she yelled and when i realized, she was already lying on the sofa waiting for me.

i honestly didn't pay much attention to the movie, i couldn't stop looking at alexia. her phone rang a couple of times but she ignored it until the phone didn't stop vibrating with so many messages that someone was sending her.

"you should answer, they won't stop till you do it" i said and she shrugged.

"it's josh, i'll call him later" she said. i could see the sadness in her face, i don't know what he told her but he better not have hurt her 'cause i will kill him.

i looked at her and she rolled her eyes. "okay, okay... i'll call him right now" alexia got up and went to the kitchen, i could hear her voice but not what she said.

she came back angry, sat next to me and ran her hands over her face.

"why are you still with him?" i said, putting my hand on her back to caress her and help her relax.

"i don't know," she replied. "i like him, i guess"

"i don't think so" i said and she looked at me confused. "you like the idea you have in your head about him, but you don't like him" she opened her mouth to speak but i guess the words didn't come out. "i won't tell you to break up with him, that's something you should think but we both know you're not really feeling him and it's hurting you"

she nodded. "i don't know what's holding you back, but you deserve to be happy and he's not doing he's job right. there are many people who would kill for being the reason of your happiness, alexia, but you're too blinded by josh and his way of "loving" you"

"w-why are you telling me this?" she said confused.

"because i want you to know who genuinely loves you" i said and she looked at me. could cut the tension between us with a knife. i leaned over, leaving a couple inches between our faces. she licked her lips and took a deep breath.

she leaned over to kiss me but i turned my face away. as much as i want to kiss her, i won't make her cheat on josh. i might hate him, but no one deserves to be cheated on.

she ran her hands over her face, she was embarrassed. "i-i'm sorry, i don't know what happened"

she was nervous. she got up from the couch immediately and picked up her things to leave. "i really don't know what happened to me," she walked towards the door, but i heard her footsteps in the living room. "thank you... for everything" was the last thing he said before he left.