xiii.

author's note ⤵︎
yooo this story has 7.55k reads right now and it's #1 in #mattiapolibio WHAT THE FUCKKKKKK i'm so grateful for all the love this fic is receiving fr🥺🦋

mattia ⤵︎

i was on my way to class when i saw alexia grabbing josh's hand. he kissed her before she got in her first period class.

i faced josh, who had a big smile on his face. "what was that?" i said.

he laughed. "she's my girlfriend now, i think i can kiss her as much as i want"

girlfriend. he said girlfriend. alexia was dating josh, she was fucking dating him. out of all the boys she is dating josh fucking diaz.

"wait, when did that happen?" i was fucking mad. if i didn't had alexia before, now i won't have her.

"last weekend" he answered. "oh and that bet, i'm out of that shit"

i want to beat the fuck out of him.

"you're dating her because of the stupid bet we made?" i asked and he laughed.

"grow up, mattia" he said. "that bet ended long ago, it was a mistake"

"i swear to god, josh, if you ever hurt her, you're fucking dead, you heard me?" i was already mad, but the thought of josh dating alexia made me even more mad. "don't fucking try me" i said before i walked to class.

when i got in, i saw alexia sitting alone, she was waiting me but instead, i sat down next to another girl. i don't know who she was but whatever, i was mad at alexia, for no reason actually, but he was dating josh since last weekend, the same weekend she and i fucked in the restaurant's bathroom. i just don't want to know anything about her, she's confusing.

"this is from alexia" the girl next to me whispered handing me a note.

"what is wrong with you? we're having lunch together", i looked at alexia, who was looking at me confused, and i nodded.

alexia ⤵︎

"hey baby" josh said. "wanna grab lunch together?" he gave me a peck on the lips and i smiled at him.

"i'm grabbing lunch with mattia" he looked confused but i don't think he cared that much.

"aight, i'll see you after practice" josh said before kissing me and leaving.

i was dating josh now and nothing changed at all, we were acting the same way we used to before we started dating. i don't really know if he wants me as much as he says it does, every time i talk about mattia he acts kinda sus.

"hey" i said seating next to mattia. he looked at me without saying anything. i get he's mad at me but, the fuck did i do?

"you're the one who wanted to talk, don't look at me like that" he said and i rolled my eyes at him.

he could be such an asshole, ugh i hate him.

"and you're the one who's mad at me" i clapped back and mattia let a lil laugh.

"why keep you playing with me?" he asked and i couldn't believe what i just heard. i was playing with him? he's fucking joking.

"i am the one playing with you? you're bipolar mattia! one day you're all sweet and nice to me, next day you're an asshole that just wants to fuck"

he nodded with an ironic smile on his face. "you started dating josh the same weekend we had sex in that restaurant's bathroom. you pretended like nothing happened when you jerked me off in that class weeks ago." mattia took a deep breath.

"don't blame me for that. what happened between us happened because both of us wanted that to happen. and i am free to hang out with other guys, i don't remember the moment i committed to you" i said.

"alexia, i tried so hard for you to notice how much i wanted you and how much you mean to me, but you couldn't see it because you always thought josh was the right guy for you, and i get it, i can't have everything i want, but josh... he's not who you think he is, and trust me, he will break your heart and as always, i'll be the one who will be there for you."

i wasn't expecting that. i had no words but i guess mattia was right. i don't know josh the same way i know him, and even though josh brought me a lot of happiness these past days, mattia was there when i was down because of josh.

"mattia, i—" he interrupted me. i could see how mad and sad he was and i felt bad, really bad.

"you don't need to explain yourself. if josh is what you want, if he's the one who makes you feel happiness, then go for it. i can't fight against your feelings and i just want you to be happy, with me or without me. i know my ways of showing love aren't the right ones, i don't even know how to handle my feelings, but they are genuine." he said and forced a smile. "but if he hurts you, i will kill him" we both laughed and i hugged him.

"i'm sorry" i whispered and he caressed my hair and kissed my forehead.

"you don't have to, lexi" he whispered and i smiled when i heard my nickname.

he can be an asshole sometimes but he deserves everything good in this world, including heaven.