Chapter 3

We were walking towards the party looking like hookers. We had all a really thick winter jacket and then our tight short dresses. Since I hadn't eaten a damn thing I was already completely wasted trying to walk straight and not falling. Ella started rambling on about her ex Boyfriend with Jade, which was clearly a conversation I didn't want to be part of. I started thinking about what I didn't want to do tonight and setting some boundaries before. No smoking, no drugs, no sex... oh yeah and not talking to other people that I didn't already know pretty well and trusted since I had the habit of saying stupid things in the worse moments to the wrong people. Boy was that a long list.

When we arrived there was almost nobody.
"See I told you we were definitely too early," I told Jade annoyed. The party didn't even really start and people were still unpacking alcohol.
"As I said before, the fact that you are always late doesn't mean we have to and besides our class is organizing this party so we might as well help."She then added, "The place is gonna be really full I bet in the next 10min." Me helping? Suure. Like I gave a damn about our stupid class.
"Yeah right," I said with the most sarcastic tone I had.

We hang our jackets and sat in the room waiting for the party to start.
I needed to check my Make-up so I quickly went to the bathroom. But when I tried opening the door, it was locked.

I started smelling cigarettes and I turned when I saw a boy lying on the wall smoking and looking at me.
"what?" I said unfriendly since I was in a terrible mood.
"Uff somebody is in a bad mood," he said dropping the cigarette and coming in my direction. He had blond hair and blue eyes and a slightly unsettling smile.
"So what if I was?" I tried pushing him away with my bad manners but he didn't seem to care. I crossed my arms and stayed still while he slowly moved closer. He stared at me for a good minute making me nervous.
"Let me guess, smoking hot body, tanned skin, not scared and with a big temperament. I know you. What was your name again...Christen?"
"Catherine," I said firmly. It wasn't a good sign that he had heard of me and I wasn't quite sure what to do next.
"I hear you are quite the Bitch." he then continued saying laughing and waiting for a reaction from me. "By the way I'm Miles, it's a pleasure to meet you." I started to hate that smile. Something about this boy really annoyed me and it wasn't the fact that he called me a Bitch, I didn't care, but I hated the arrogance that was clear to see I his facial expressions.
"Well Miles I'll see you around," I said starting to walk away. He smiled and moved so I could go through.
"Don't worry, you will."

When I arrived in the main room it was filled with people. I looked at the clock hanging in the corner. 10Min. Ugh, I hated it when Jade was right, which was obviously too often. I sat back to the table and glanced at the room. I was clearly overdressed. Every girl was wearing pants and a t-shirt. Those girls were so boring.
"Where were you so long?" Ella started asking, staring at me like I was hiding something.
"Chill, some guy started talking to me, he apparently knew me or something like that, so creepy" I answered rolling my eyes.
"What guy" she continued asking. I looked for him in the room and pointed a table in the corner of the room.
"The blonde one with a white T-shirt. Miles or something like that." They both turned and scrutinized him as if he was food.

I was already sick of sitting here and I knew there were gonna be more questions, so I stood up, pulled my dress down and went to the bar for some vodka shots. The barista was a girl from my class, Penny, a definitely not good looking girl but with a great taste regarding clothes. She prepared two shots and I then realized there was somebody next to me. Liam. He didn't seem to have noticed me or he did and didn't care. No that wasn't possible. I decided I wanted to get his attention somehow. I took his shot and drank it to annoy him or at least get a reaction out of him.

He turned in my direction and stared in my eyes for a good minute. Why wasn't he doing anything? He just kept staring and I felt vulnerable as if he was looking inside my soul, so I turned my head away and felt how my cheeks became red. I didn't like this feeling. Not by a long shot.