Chapter 6

"What the hell is going on!"
Weirdly I was asking myself the same thing, although I was technically the one breaking inside this room and smashing a wooden drawer with a golf bat.
    "Liam?" That couldn't have been a coincidence. I mean come on, if we looked at the facts here, it was almost one month I was at the new school I didn't even talk to Liam once, but suddenly he appears 2 times in one week? What the hell.

    "What do you think you are doing?" He was shouting. I could see how angry he was. His whole body was shaking. Oh god, what now? How was I going to get out of this one? What was he even looking for in this office?
    "Ehm it's not what it looks like." Really Catherine? Did you really go with that? I quickly corrected myself "Well ok it's exactly what it looks like."
Liam started looking outside, probably for a bodyguard. I quickly moved away from the desk and ran up to him until I was two inches away. I then desperately pulled his arm, trying to pull him back inside the room.
    "Wait, let's talk about this." He looked at me as if I was completely mad. "Please I will be in so much trouble, don't do this."
    "Oh wow, did you figure this out while you were breaking and entering or after?" Was he doing sarcasm?
    "Please, I'm begging you," I said with a trembling voice.

Suddenly I heard a voice coming from outside. It was the guard Dean had punched in the stomach:"What is going on here?"

I looked up to Liam begging him with my eyes to help me out. He starred at me and puffed.
    "Nothing Mike, everything is fine, it's just me." I took a deep breath. I didn't know why but thank god he didn't say anything.
    "Oh, all right Mr. Brunt, please close the door when you are done."
    "I will Mike, thank you." What was going on? Why did the guard know his name? Wait...Brunt? Was he the son of William Brunt, the owner of the club?

I quickly whispered:
    "Thank you, thank you, thank you" I could tell from the facial expression he was frustrated by what was happening.
    "Oh you are still not getting away with this, I just have to figure out what to do next." That was fine by me, I could easily talk myself out of this situation with some more time.
    "So what are you gonna do, keep me in this office until you figure things out?" I said sarcastically. I could tell he didn't think this through which worked in my favor. It was obvious he was pretty nervous, he didn't like this at all.
    "Well no, I have to go, I wasn't planning to stay here, I have to run some errands..."
    "Me neither actually." He raised his eyebrows.
    "You think making jokes is gonna make the situation any better?" Of course, I didn't, but that was me, I made sarcastic and ironic comments in the worst moments, especially when I didn't know what to do. I shrugged my shoulders. 
After staring into the air for some time, he huffed and exclaimed: "Well I'm not obviously letting you stay here, so you are gonna come with me and then I'll figure out the rest."
It wasn't such a bad alternative to having to deal with the cops so I figured I could follow him and wait for the right time to run away. We got out of the room, he locked it and we went out of the club. He then reached to what seemed like a Mazda RX-8, yes I know about cars and yes, I am a woman. Big deal.

Anyway, he reached out to what was probably his car and opened the door for me.
    "What a gentleman," I said half laughing. I rolled his eyes and after I sat down, he closed the door and went inside too. There was complete silence for a long time.
    "Soo where are you taking me?" I asked innocently.
    "You can drop the act, Catherine, innocence doesn't suit you." He thought he had figured me all out. He didn't know that wasn't the only "act" I was pulling off.
    "Well, sweaty, were ever you are taking me, would you mind if we stopped for some food? I'm really hungry."
    "Fine," he said exasperated. We stopped at a fast-food diner and sat down in the corner. The place was quite nice,  it was one of those typical American old diners, with a jumbo box and waitresses with uniforms that were quite hilarious.
    "Do you bring all your dates to these fancy restaurants?" I kind of liked teasing him. I could pretty much tell how frustrated I was making him and it was really funny.
    "What can I get you?" A blond lady with a  pink apron approached us.
Liam scrutinized the menu and then told her he would take a Hickory Burger.
    "And what can I get for your girlfriend over here?" He rapidly opened his mouth, probably to say sHe iS not My giRlfRiend but I thought this was so funny so interrupted him and quickly said:" I'll take a California Chicken Burger, thank you very much." I smiled and hand her back the menu. She then quickly left going behind the counter.
After about some lovely minutes of awkward silence, he then asked me:" Why do you do this anyway?" Huch ok he was going for the direct approach. I could have lied to him and tell him any stupid excuse but I knew  he wouldn't have bought it anyway so I just answered: "Because I like it."
    "Breaking the law?" He then said laughing. I shrugged my shoulders as if it was the most normal hobby in the world like playing the piano.
    "Haven't you ever done it?" I could tell he was quite uncomfortable with that question but he then quickly answered with a firm no. What a surprise. He then quickly said:" Wait don't tell me...you don't know what you are missing, rules are meant to be broken?"
    "Not broken, bent. I don't break the rules, I find loopholes." He apparently didn't take me seriously since he looked at me as if I had just told a really bad joke.
    "I'm guessing you have me all figured out, don't you," I said, trying to provoke him.
    "I know people like you," he said firmly.
    "Uhh, I'm in a category, wow."
    "Yeah people like you, who think they are something special, that rules don't apply to them and think they are so original, doing something illegal. You're just a living Cliche."
That hurt. He really hit a nerve. I never liked people who tried to define me or put me into a category. But what I truly hated was being told I was predictable. I started to feel uncomfortable.
    "Well thank you very much," I think he perceived the fact that he hurt me because he then quickly said: "Ok I'm sorry, I didn't want to upset you."
I gave a weak smile and we finished our burgers. I could tell he was confused since I was indeed a bad person but he couldn't resist not showing his good manners.  I was hoping he would leave all this story behind, but then out of nowhere he concluded: "I know where I'll take you until I figure this whole thing out, but you are not going to like it." I saw from his look, I was in trouble. Again.

Hey :),
Let me know what you think about the story so far. And don't forget to vote, comment and read the next chapter!