Chapter 16

I could see how Dean was clinging onto his motorcycle to control himself. Liam came in front of me, smiled and calmly said: "Good Morning, can I walk you to class?" I didn't expect that. I was glad though. He didn't even look once at Dean, who would have loved to have an excuse to punch somebody.
"Sure," I answered smiling, turned into Dean's direction and hugged him goodbye. He grumped but then slowly started going away.

"Who is he?" I could tell Liam wasn't intimidated even in the slightest by Dean, which I wouldn't say the other way around.
"Dean. He's just a friend. I'm sorry about yesterday, it was my fault. He was waiting for me in front of the house and I didn't show up, so he got worried I had gone through some trouble." Liam nodded and we slowly went to class.

After school, I went outside, hoping to find Dean, so that he could bring me home. I didn't see him, but I waited for a little bit just to be sure. Everyone had gotten home and I was ready to do the same when I saw a motorcycle approaching me. But it wasn't Dean's.

Two man with leather jacket drove directly on my direction without giving any sign to slow down. I quickly stepped back and saw how the two men on got off the motorcycle and ran in my direction. I turned around and started running inside the school. I didn't know where to go. I was so scared. I hid behind a wall, but I knew that my heavy breath would rat me out. I wanted to look behind me and see where they were, but I was petrified. I heard steps coming closer and closer. I was trembling. I took my chance and ran to the door next to me knowing they would see me, but hoping it was open.

I quickly put the handle down and thank god it opened. I ran inside, hearing from behind me how the men were running to. I knew they would catch me soon and that I had no way of escaping. I was trapped. I then heard some noises from inside. I decided to see for myself what it was hoping to find somebody who could help me. It came from the sports center.

I started screaming hoping somebody would hear me. I started running in the corridor, knowing the two men were right behind me trying to reach me. Suddenly, I heard steps coming from the other side.

Shortly after I saw Liam and Jason in training clothes, all sweaty, that saw everything and quickly ran up to me. They probably had training, lucky for me. They hid me behind them and stood up steady, not intimidated by the slightest by those men. The men made a step forward, but then decided that it was best if they leave.

When they reluctantly turned away and started running out of the school, I fell on the ground, sat on the floor and started breathing again. A very big puff came out of me. Liam and Jason stared at me. I could see in their faces they would have loved to ask a million questions but decided not to. Liam sat on the floor in front of me, stared into my eyes and smiled. I started to laugh. I always laugh when the situation is so absurd, I don't even know where to start. Liam and Jason looked at each other confused as hell but then started laughing too.

"Come on, we'll shower and then I'll get you home," Liam said standing up. I slowly stood up too, nodded and followed them. I then sat in front of the boys' locker room and waited for them to come out.

I had underestimated the whole situation. And where was Dean when I really needed him? Nowhere to be founded. So predictable.

Shortly after the boys came out with their sports bag and we went to Liam's car.
"Want to grab something to eat with us? We are starving." Liam said smiling warmly.
"Sure," I answered. I had nothing to do and besides that, I didn't want to stay alone. Not by a long shot.

We went to the Diner next to the school where the boys got two big burgers and devoured them as if they hadn't eaten for days.
"You guys are hungry?" I asked sarcastically, laughing.
"Huh?" Liam raised his head, probably so concentrated on eating that he didn't understand a word of what I just said. He had a little bit of Ketchup on the side of his mouth which I quickly cleaned with my finger and he smiled like a baby. We talked for a while and I had quite a fun time.

"You should hang out with us more," Jason said smiling. I nodded and smiled back. I really should have hanged out with them more.
Liam drove me home. When we arrived I looked for Dean's motorcycle, which wasn't there. Liam opened the car door for me and was ready to go but I decided to kiss him goodbye.
I guess he didn't expect this because he blushed and then said: "You really should hang out with us more." I smiled.

I stayed home all day with the door locked. Dean didn't show up all day. What a surprise.
The next day I got ready and I went out in a rush since I was late. When I went out I saw Liam's car parked outside. I quickly went over to him. He pulled the car window down and smiled.

"Good Morning. I thought I could drive you to school." I tried staying calm but I was so excited. Did he drive all the way from his house to mine just to pick me up? Oh my god.
"Thank you, that's so nice." I smiled and got inside. He was wearing the jacket of his lacrosse team. A white and blue bomber jacket.

We drove to school chatting and laughing. Once we arrived at the school, his friends were waiting for him at the entrance. He opened the door for me and once I got out he put his arm around me. We went to his friends and I smiled at Jason, who looked at the scene satisfied. When the bell rang we all went to class. Liam kissed me on the forehead and said goodbye.

After the class was over, Ella ran up to my locker and closed him harshly.
"When were you thinking about telling me that you were dating Liam Brunt?!" I started laughing. We started going to the schoolyard while I told her everything. When we got there Liam went up to me with Jason. When Jason saw Ella, he blushed. Interesting.

"Hey Ella, do you know Jason?" He smiled timidly and made aa weak hi with the hand. Ella smiled at him.

"We are doing a party at Jason's house this weekend do you girls want to come?" Before I could even think about it Ella quickly answered with an enthusiastic yes.
My phone vibrated. It was Collin.

Are you at school?

Yes

Can you come out for a second? It's important.

I quickly distanced myself from the others and went outside. Collin was standing in front of his car. I ran up to him.
"What's up?" I said quickly.
"You won't like this." My face expression changed. What was happening?

"Dean is in the hospital... and it's pretty bad."